22 | The Revelation

"Alphard, are you bleeding too?" Laura asked as he lowered Will onto a bed.

"Might be, but I don't feel the pain so I don't exactly know." He rushed to Laura's side and carried Luna from beside her before lowering her onto the couch. "I hate it when she does this!" He raked his hand through his hair in frustration, knowing exactly what she'd done and caught Luna smiling even in her state of half consciousness. "This seems funny to you?" He got to Will's side and began cleaning his wounds.

"What did she do?" Dorian asked.

"She somehow manages to tolerate and ignore her pains dad, so that I wouldn't feel it. I doubted it before when she got hurt the first time after we found we were capable of feeling each other's pain too, but now I'm sure she does it knowingly." He took to apply antiseptic on Will's injuries. "I think we feel 50 percent of what the actual one who's hurt feels, how am I supposed to feel if she herself doesn't!?" He yelled, still frustrated.

He finished tending to Will and got beside Luna. She took her jacket off and it was easy to plaster her wound as she was wearing a sleeveless crop top.

After Luna had passed out at the entrance of the workspace. They'd sprinkled water on her face which woke her up, after that they got to the clinic. By now Luna was able to at least stand on her own if not feel completely okay.

"Check with your arm too." Luna said to Alphard.

He was wearing a black full sleeved T-shirt and so it was difficult to tell if he was bleeding, or not. He pulled the T-shirt over his head and inspected his arm.

"See, this is what she does." He pointed at his arm. "She's got a 3 inch long cut which is bleeding enough to soak her jacket and all I got is this!" All of them stared at his arm.

A small scratch.

No blood, just a scratch as if a mosquito had bit him and he'd scratched to soothe the itching while sleeping.

Put that d*mn shirt on. Luna thought.

Nope, sorry. He dismissed her and smirked visibly.

Jerk!

"Protect him," A faint mumbling got their attention. Luna immediately shot up on her feet and rushed to the bed.

"Uncle, come here." She called out, Dorian got beside her. "Hold her hand, make her feel you're with her." She placed Camille's right hand on Dorian's. "Don't rush it, keep it gentle, we don't want her stressing out." Dorian nodded and closed his eyes.

Luna sprinted across the room and held Alphard's left hand, feeling him struggling with his emotions. She rubbed the side of his arm with her free one.

"Alphard...protect Alphard." Camille mumbled again. Alphard pressed his fist to his mouth to keep him from shedding tears.

They all saw Dorian's left cheek turn a little red near his ear, since Camille's right side was visible to them, they couldn't see the change in her. A second later Dorian stood there as he'd before, only now his wolfmark was on his cheek.

A cresent with a couple stars near it. The mark of the royal knights.

Alphard took a step towards his mother, but Luna stopped him.

"Not now, let her collect her senses fully first." She pressed her right hand comfortingly over his arm.

They watched as Camille slowly opened her eyes and looked at Dorian; her expression changing from merry on seeing her mate to concern for her son.

"Dorian, they're after Alphard ___"

Dorian gently released her hand and stroked her forehead.

"I kept my promise, I did my best to ensure his safety." He looked at Alphard. Luna let go of his arm making him look at her. She nodded for him to go forward.