28 | The One

"The one?" Alphard frowned, his gaze fixed on the one in front of them.

Luna had recognised him by his stature and his hair, she hadn't seen the man's face back at the snowy continent, so it was not a problem for her that he'd a mask over his face now.

However, she briefly glanced at his arm and saw the mark. That confirmed he was indeed the one.

"Your mate seems more intelligent than you," The man let out a sinister laugh, his voice a echoed one because of the mask.

Luna narrowed her eyes momentarily.

"What's going on, Luna?" Alphard asked, his brows locked in a tight knot as he aimed to shoot at the man.

"Those bullets would do no harm to him, he's the one with the evil mark!" Luna exclaimed that only made the man's laugh loud and more evil.

"That's right, only the weapon can destroy me. Now, like good children, tell me where you've been keeping the Wolverales boy and I'll spare your lives."

"He has nothing to do with all this madness." Luna sneered.

"You want me to believe that?" He laughed. "You must be the next Luna of the Royalves pack. You're in the mouth of death, yet have the guts to mock me? Don't you've any fear?"

"The courageous ones don't scare me, what can a coward like you do?" She scoffed again, Alphard too couldn't hold his laughter back.

"Aaargh!!!" He glared viciously at Luna.

Hearing him exclaim, some of the shifters hiding in the forest came out and took Alphard and Luna by surprise. Everything happened in a hurry that they had no time to react.

They were dragged to the ground in front of the cave and were tied to trees from across each other. They watched as a cage was brought in and their parents along with Greg who were in their wolf form were locked in. It was so small that the five of them were tightly packed and couldn't even move, or wag their tails!

"The master wishes to know the whereabouts of the Wolverales boy," A shifter pointed his gun over Luna's forehead.

"Master? Who? All I see is a coward who's gone crazy. He's a psychopath!" Luna spat.

The shifter looked at the man, a flick of hand from him caused his puppet holding Luna to slap her across her face. She kicked him on his stomach and sent him stumbling backwards.

"Tie her legs!" The villian yelled.

Luna looked at him with a frown. Not because he told his men to tie her, but because she thought how 'quick witted' he was. Knowing that they were trained fighters, they only tied her and Alphard's hands. It was like if she hadn't kicked the shifter, it wouldn't have occurred to them to tie her legs.

He was sitting on a rock like it wasn't one, but a throne. Luna didn't realise that her frown had turned into a scowl until she felt eyes on her. She turned to look at Alphard and caught him grinning, that made her smile.

What makes you grin in a situation like this? She thought, he heard.

You look adorable with that expression. Scowl again.

Yet you say I've the weirdest thoughts. She rolled her eyes.

A sudden sharp pain on her left cheek caused her to avert her gaze from Alphard's and look at the one on her front.

"Don't touch her!" Alphard growled.

He was furious on seeing the man slap Luna just now. They were both momentarily distracted to notice other's actions.