10 | The Unusual

"Please be the same as mine," Alphard prayed. "Please,"

Bullets from her body were removed and the sutures were also done on her thigh. But she was still unconscious and blood transfusion was the only thing she needed at the moment, she'd lost too much of it. To make matters worse, she was still not breathing normally and her skin was as pale as a corpse.

He dropped a drop of her blood over a tile with required reagents to test the blood group.

D*mn it!! He cursed when agglutination didn't occur in any of the 3 antisera used. Universal donor it was and his was good in no way except for when he's in need and now wasn't the situation.

He decided to run home and fetch her parents. Their blood should match with that of Luna's. He sprayed the hydrogen liquid over his clothes to stay downwind, took his keys and got into the forest, making sure he'd locked the place.

Knowing her parents would be at his place today, he decided to get to the back door through the forest. He reached the place and thankfully, without any interruption. He used his keys to unlock the door and stepped in slowly.

A small space filled with indoor plants separated the living room from the back door and so it was normal for the people inside to not notice anyone coming in through the door, it was exactly the case now with Alphard. He hurried and stopped despite his urge to save Luna's life on hearing them speak unusual things.

"Luna hasn't found her mate yet, Dorian and that worries me." Will said.

"Why exactly, Will?" Dorian asked. "She seems to put up fine."

"That's the thing, she seems so, but is actually suffering. We know what a werewolf has to undergo when it takes long for it to find its mate," Laura added.

Werewolf? Mate? What was going on here!? Alphard wondered.

"Why don't you arrange one for her?" Dorian suggested.

"The last time I tried, turned out to be the first time she sobbed, Dorian." Will said. "Besides, who will risk their lives by breaking the mate bond with their own mate? It's no use,"

"Any human, maybe?" Dorian asked, Will laughed.

"That's exactly what I tried, but gave up. You don't know her Dorian, she is the type who'd prefer to die alone even if her 'destined' mate turned out to be a human." Will said.

"She thinks that it's unfair for humans to have to tolerate us beasts." Added Laura.

Werewolves are not only real, but I'd been living with them for my entire life!? So many questions were racing through his mind, the white wolf wasn't forgotten. Now he'd no doubt it was Luna. But if they were werewolves why haven't they sensed my presence? Maybe because I was human? Then how'd Luna?

He was sure she hadn't seen, but sensed him at the forest earlier today and refrained herself from turning into a wolf. He wasn't imagining the eye colour and the long canines.

"She's a smart young woman, Will. She won't let you, or the pack down, be patient," Dorian said. "Is that your wolfmark on your upper arm, Will? I haven't seen it since I arrived." Dorian tried changing the subject, but to Alphard, even that was news.

"Yeah, town's Mayor and all. Always expected to be seen in suits," Will laughed. "Laura has it in the same spot too, you should've seen it on her,"

"I don't wear half sleeved, or sleeveless dresses, Will." Laura laughed. "What a way nature had created us in? It blesses us with the same mark as that of our mates and in the same spots, then also takes it away when one dies, or simply doesn't wish to be with the other." Laura pondered. Alphard froze at that.