27 | The Reunion

"Carl, who?" Alphard asked.

"Carl Royalves." Will breathed.

"Wait. Uncle Carl? Your twin brother?" Alphard asked, Will nodded. "Isn't he an army general? What's he doing here?"

"We'd have to wait for the answers." Luna said and helped Alphard with Carl.

Will and Carl were twin brothers, fraternal twins actually. Carl was a minute older than Will, but since it took Carl a long time to find his mate and Will had already found Laura, Will was given the Alpha title of the Royalves pack as the title passing couldn't have been delayed any longer.

Carl had willfully agreed to it as he'd no interest in leading the pack starting from his childhood days.

"He looks older than his age." Alphard mumbled.

"I agree," Will said.

They wiped his face which was smeared with blood, then began checking for any other wounds on his body, but before they could take his shirt off to check him, he fully came out his half unconscious state.

He grunted in pain as he lifted himself up to sit. He looked at all the others around him and frowned, until his eyes landed on his brother and sister-in-law.

"Am I home?" He asked.

"No, Carl. We're in Japan." Will answered. "Why are you here?"

"I don't know why. I was granted a month's resting period after I got severely injured while training some soldiers. I was returning home, but some people captured me as soon as I came out of the airport and here I'm after somehow managing to escape from their clutches." His gaze shifted to the ones sitting on either sides of him. "Who are you two?"

"That's your niece." Laura said. Before she could introduce Alphard to Carl, Luna overtook.

"And that's my mate, Brian Volvomaks."

The other's played along and refrained from revealing Alphard's true identity. The answers to why Luna did that had only one sane explanation to it.

No one can be trusted.

"He's human?" Carl asked not being able to sense Alphard's energy. "A human male and a shifter female? How's it poss___"

"No, I just took a silver shot to keep from losing control. That's been happening to me for a few days now." Alphard said.

Then Carl asked about how Volvomaks wasn't a wolf pack that he remembered being from their town. Luna came up with a lie. She said that her mate's bloodline traces back to Greg's pack and Alphard was actually a long, long distant relative of Greg and in that long distant pack there were no werewolves born for over 7 generations so they lived as humans and so the change of last name.

She also added that somewhere after 6 to 7 generations, the shifter gene that'd been lying dormant for so long dominated and her mate was born, marking him as the first shifter of the Volvomaks pack.

"I don't understand these genetic behaviours, but that actually makes sense." He said, then turned to Alphard. "Brian, is it?"

"Yes,"

"I saw Luna last when she was five, look at her now, sitting in front of me with her mate!" Carl exclaimed then looked at Dorian and immediately recognised. "Dorian? Weren't you living somewhere among the humans?" Then his eyes widened. "Ca...Camille!?"

"He came back a couple months ago. I'll explain things later uncle, let us first check if you've got any other injuries." Luna said.

"I'm all right, Luna." He assured. "Tell me why you're all here."