26 | The City

"Japan, here we are." Alphard breathed.

They'd just landed and had to take a bus, or a taxi to get to the city. While they were all thinking about how to do it without bringing attention to them, Luna was busy making a phone call.

A couple minutes later a 10 seater jeep rolled up in front of the airport. A tall, fair guy in his late forties, wearing a long black winter jacket got down from it and looked from right to left as if he was searching for someone, with his phone pressed to his left ear. Suddenly he waved in Luna's direction and walked up to her.

Alphard looked at him like he wanted to knock the air out of his lungs.

Calm down Alphard, he's an old man and you're her mate. Destined mate! He told himself.

The man gave Luna the keys to the vehicle and shook hands with her before leaving.

"What just happened here?" Greg asked.

"And why the h*ck was he smiling that way looking at you!?" Alphard asked.

"Shut up." Luna swatted his arm. "He was happy to finally be left free from the torture I was putting him through."

"And that is?" Laura asked.

"He knows only Japanese, so I'd to use an app to auto translate whatever I speak into the phone and you know how those things work. Sometimes very appropriate and at the others totally opposite of what we say." Luna said. "Poor old man was so confused." They laughed.

"How did you find him?" Will asked.

"We cannot roam around in public transports and risk someone spotting us, so I made searches for any car and property dealers. He does both, so I made sure he cannot speak English first then went through with the process. At least that way those people would never understand what he says because they're from our town and don't stay long enough in a place to learn a language, but if they do know Japanese then we're doomed."

No one can be trusted.

"What if they use translators?" Alphard asked.

"Unless it's a human, or a shifter it's safe to say we're good to go." Luna said.

Since they were here in their private jet, checking out wasn't a problem. Luna had easily managed to get the weapons out with her identity of being an Interpol agent.

They loaded the boxes into the jeep and drove to the city.

"What's the city name again?" Alphard asked.

"Aomori city in Aomori Prefecture." Camille said.

"Aumiri?" He tried repeating the name.

"No, Aomori." Dorian laughed at his son's antics.

"Whatever," He settled on the passenger seat as their parents and Greg got into the vehicle and Luna, behind the steering wheel.

It was a 12 km ride from the airport to the city, Luna pulled the jeep in front of a cottage that seemed cozy from the outside.

They entered in with their belongings and settled to catch their breaths for a while.

"Everybody rest, it's gonna be a long day tomorrow." Luna showed their parents their rooms and settled on the couch with Alphard and Greg. "Greg, you can take the attic,"

"And you two?" He asked.

"We can go without sleep for a few days if needed, but you can't. So go, we'll take the couch."

Greg reluctantly agreed and walked upstairs. Alphard pulled Luna to him the second Greg was out of sight.

"So close, yet so far. I don't like it when you get busy with work. I feel like I don't even exist then." Alphard said.