29 | The Truth

"Don't just sit there, we need to head back to the cottage. Get up and carry her!" Greg's voice brought Alphard back to earth.

He was too focused on Luna in his arms that he didn't notice Greg running back into the forest. He'd transformed and brought the other's their clothes so that they can take their human forms too.

Greg had also taken care of the men they'd fought. All five of them were now standing around him and an unconscious Luna in his arms.

"Mom, will she be all right?" He asked with trembling hands and lips.

Camille just pursed her lips and closed her eyes, turning her head to avoid her son's gaze.

"Prepare yourself, Alphard." Laura's voice echoed. "Anything can happen." She stared at Luna all the while uttering those words.

"No! She can't leave me, she promised she wouldn't!" He held her tightly against him and let out a painful cry.

No one has seen him in such a state before. Even Greg was witnessing this for the first time for Alphard hadn't reacted like this back when Luna had healed him after the accident at the forest in Suberswills.

He buried his face in the crook of her neck and cried. After a moment Will came forward and gently placed his right hand on Alphard's head.

"Have hope, son." Will stroked Alphard's forehead. "She's not someone who gives up easily, you know more than any of us that how stubborn she is." He smiled a little.

Even though he was smiling, Alphard clearly saw the devastated expression on Will's face. His daughter was his pride, losing her will break him badly and Alphard knew it.

He took a deep breath and wiped his face before getting up.

"Carry her, dad." He handed Luna to Dorian as Will would've to support Laura now that her leg was injured.

"Where're you going?" Dorian asked.

Alphard just walked forward and picked Carl up from the ground.

"I'm sorry, uncle Will, but if anything happens to Luna, I wouldn't hesitate to overlook the fact that she risked her life to save his." Alphard stated and walked towards the city dragging Carl's body with him.

He wouldn't hesitate to kill Carl.

"I won't intervene." Will mumbled looking at Alphard's disappearing figure. After all, his daughter was his priority.

They all followed behind Alphard. Upon reaching the cottage, Alphard lowered Luna onto the bed before attending to Laura's wounded leg, then he returned back to Luna.

"Mr and Mrs. Royalves, you two go to the attic, I'll take the couch." Greg offered.

"Her leg isn't in the best shape." Camille began. "You two take the room, we'll go upstairs." Dorian agreed with his mate and all went to rest.

Alphard tied Carl to a chair and turned it to face the wall in the right corner of the room he and Luna were in. He checked on her for any injuries as he changed her clothes.

He had no idea when she'd wake up. If it were a medical condition he might've been able to tell, but he was clueless as to how these energies and bonds worked. All he could do was to monitor her breathing. It was somewhat steady compared to earlier, that told there was hope, but still the situation was critical.

Around midnight Alphard heard faint gruntings and instinctively walked towards Carl.

He'd regained consciousness.

"Where...where am I?" He mumbled.

"Where you should be." Alphard stated coldly and turned the chair, making Carl look at him.