2 | The Arrival

"Dad! You heard the news?"

"I did and so am thinking of ___"

"Don't even think about postponing, dad. We shouldn't have left Suberswills in the first place, it's been 18 years. I haven't ever asked you the reason for why we had to leave, I did as you said till now and ask only one thing in return, I want to live where mom took first and last of her breaths. Her hometown, our hometown, please."

"Alphard, my boy. I didn't mean to upset you, we'll leave tomorrow as decided." Alphard hugged his father.

"Thanks dad,"

"Say it like you usually do,"

"Thank you Dorian, my pal," Both of them laughed.

"Go get some sleep," Dorian said. They went to their rooms.

Dorian was lying on the bed on his back and wondering about the news.

An attack on the resort that they were about to stay in.

They had to postpone their plans of moving back to Suberswills last week as the necessary paper work was not done here.

He wondered if the attack was planned in search of them, or was it just him being paranoid. He hadn't reserved the rooms on their names for safety reasons, what were the possibilities that the attack was planned for them? He sighed and decided to sleep it off.

Alphard, on the other hand wasn't able to sleep. He was excited that he'd be able to walk on his lands once again, be able to meet her. Eventually, he drifted off.

The next morning they left for the airport and reached there at 7 am. The flight took off at 7.45 am, as scheduled.

Alphard took a deep breath when he stepped out of the plane.

Home. He was home.

He closed his eyes and whispered to himself.

"I'm here and am coming to you,"

"Did you say something?" Dorian asked, causing Alphard to open his eyes.

"Nothing. What time is it?"

"10 am, why?"

"Oh, no! First day of work, I'm expected to report there in another 15! Bye, see you at 5..." He left his father and ran to check out.

Dorian chuckled to himself and went to collect their bags. After checking out, he took a taxi and went to the place they were supposed to reside.

The suburbs of the Suberswills town, though there were residential areas around, he chose the one close to the forest as it was secluded.

After getting a bit relaxed, he tried contacting his friend, the only one he could trust his and Alphard's safety with.

He took a deep breath and tried concentrating, he knew he had successfully connected with the person's mind when he sensed the mixed signals. After a few seconds the person let him in.

"Will?"

"I am and..."

"It's me, Dorian!"

"Dorian? Dorian Wolverales?"

"Yes, I'm back in Suberswills."

"That's wonderful, buddy. I'm to attend a meeting now, I'll call you later,"

"No wait! I won't take too much time. I can't contact you over phone calls, I'm afraid. I sense threat, the reason I mind contacted you. I'm concerned about my son's safety, Will. If possible make a visit, I'll tell everything in detail. I'm residing near the town's forest, secluded from the suburbs."