12 | The Promise

"Oh, Luna..." Alphard breathed. "This feels...incredible..."

"I've just started and you already feel that way?" She laughed.

"Stop talking and continue what you were doing." He wiggled his eyebrows, with a goofy grin on his face.

"You make it sound like we're doing nasty things in here!"

"If that was the case, then you'll be the one feeling this way, not me."

"Shut up!" She got out of the bed and to the door. "No pressure point treatment for you hereafter!"

"Never?"

"Never ever!" She ran out, he laughed.

"What's going on?" Dorian asked her. Will and Laura were there too.

"That doctor has a dirty mind!" She yelled.

"Hey! You shouldn't talk like that about your husband." Alphard came out of the room, wrapped in the same bedsheet from yesterday.

"Mate!"

"That term is still sitting weird with me, so I'm gonna go with husband and wife."

"Idiot!" She stomped off from there.

"You should really stop messing with her, son." Dorian said after a chuckle. "Her beast is more powerful than yours could ever be,"

"It might be, but I enjoy teasing her," He shrugged. They all laughed.

"Go get a shower, we have things to discuss." Will patted Alphard's shoulder, he nodded and left.

An hour later, everyone gathered on the lobby to discuss the matter at hand.

"So how does this evil mark look like? An actual eye with blood?" Alphard asked.

"A popped out eye, with a canine sticking out of it," Luna said.

"Sounds horrible," He shook his head to clear his imagination.

"Last night, we three searched some books and found another unusual fact," Laura began.

"About us, or in general?" Alphard asked.

"It seemed like a general thing at first, but as we went deep, it felt like you two might've a connection," Dorian said.

"Flake of Alverales isn't something that any random shifter can acquire, but only the powerful ones." Will started. "Seeing that you both have it, we got a bit concerned and made the search. It turns out that before you two, only one has had the mark." He gave them a strange look.

"Who?" Luna asked.

"Alphege," Laura finished.

"No way!" Luna shouted. "The Alphege?" She asked with widened eyes, Laura nodded.

"Who is this Alphege guy now?" Alphard asked. "Or is it a girl?"

"The most powerful shifter ever to be known." Luna began. "He's known for his bravery among our kind, who didn't hesitate to cut off and bring home his own brother's head, as the latter had turned vile and started killing just for fun. It's said that Alphege was only seventeen at the time." She turned to their parents. "Did his brother have the evil mark?"

"Yes," Dorian answered. "Apparently, he happened to acquire it after the age of twenty when the connection between his human emotions and wolf was lost. Till then his mark was that of the royals,"

"The crescent?" She asked, their parents nodded.

"Our family's bloodline traces back to theirs." Laura added. "So we bear the mark of royalty till date and you two are the first to have the mark as a couple; thus Luna, the first female."