Chap- 2 Escape from the Prison

As Apsara slowly regained consciousness, she found herself and her three other friends in a white bright cell. The air was thick with the acrid smell of disinfectant, and the walls gleamed a blinding white under the fluorescent lights. Disoriented and groggy, they struggled to make sense of their surroundings. Apsara's head throbbed with pain as she sat up, her memories of the battle with Mrutyu flooding back. She glanced around realising their predicament.

"We've been captured."

She muttered, her voice heavy with resignation. Maya rubbed her temples, trying to shake off the lingering effects of whatever substance rendered them unconscious. Vasuda examined the bulletproof glass sealed front wall. 

"we need to find a way out of here." 

He said, his voice tinged with urgency. They looked around the white cage, trying to look for something. Jiayi approached the small ventilator high on the wall, her fingers tracing the edges in search of any weakness.

"This ventilation shaft is too small for any of us to fit through."

She observed, her brow furrowed in concentration. Vasuda kept examining the outside of the cell to see the corridor and the imprisoned souls on the other side. Apsara stood up and went towards the bulletproof glass. A sinking realisation washed over her. They were definitely at the notorious prison of Kutillo, also called the devil's kitchen. A place known for it's merciless treatment of inmates. 

"Guys, come have a look." Vasuda whispered urgently, gesturing the cells across the corridor. Maya and Jiayi joined them both. 

"We're not alone here! No way, we are at Kutillo!"

They understood the gravity of their situation. But before they could dwell on it further, the sound of approaching footsteps echoed through the corridor. With a heavy heart, they watched as Mrutyu, adorned in a lavish royal robe, strode past many cells with an entourage of guards in tow. Her expression twisted into a mocking smirk as she gazed upon her captivities, reveling in the prisoners helplessness.

"Well, well, well."

Mrutyu taunted, her voice dripping with disdain. "What do we have here? The mighty warriors brought low caged like criminals." 

Apsara's jaw clenched with supressed anger, but she forced herself to smirk as if nothing happened. Mrutyu chuckled and said.

"Even after this, you manages to smile. How Asura of you?"

"What do you want from us, Mrutyu?" She demanded her voice cold and steely. Mrutyu's laughter echoed through the corridor, sending a shiver down there spins.

"Oh dear sister," She sneered, her eyes gleaming with malice.

"You really don't know, do you? But all will become clear in time."

Apsara squared her shoulders, her gaze unwavering as she met Mrutyu's cold stare. 

"Whatever your plans are, we won't let you succeed," She declared, her voice with defiance.
Mrutyu's smirk widened, a gleam of amusement dancing in her eyes. "Oh, how noble of you," she mocked, her tone dripping with sarcasm. "But you underestimate the power I wield, dear sister. You and your friends are mere pawns in a much larger game."