CHAP-31 Ashwathama at Lanka

Apsara was getting annoyed by the talkative old hag. She just won't keep quiet, now she is talking about an old and extinct festival she used to celebrate when she was younger. Apsara knew she had to stop this woman before her tone changes.

"Would you shut your damn mouth for once in your life?"

Apsara stopped her tracks and looked at the almost sixty year old.

"What do you mean? Did I bore you out? Then why the fuss?"

Anusuiya Whined.

"Listen you old hag, If I tell you to keep quiet, then keep quiet, is that understood?"

Apsara's eyes turned from sapphire blue to ruby red. Her demonic aura returned again with the damn temper.

Anusuiya on the other hand was speechless, she had seen some Rakshasa before but it never had the red glowing eyes. She remembered the words inside an old tale book, that the red glowing eyes are a rare feature of an Asura. Their eyes glow red when they are angry. But they must be really powerful in order to have this feature. Apsara did say she was a demon Tribal. But Anusuiya never expected that she is an Asura tribal. Apsara Started walking towards the east again to the camp. Anusuiya followed her like a good dog following its master.

"Are you perhaps an Asura?"

The question made Apsara get uncomfortable, the reason? Yes, She is an Asura, an Asura, the worst kind of Tribal ever. A very powerful one, but Apsara didn't like it.

"Yes, I am an Asura."

She said ignoring the discomfort, and walking on. Within the answer Anusuiya became a bit scared of Apsara. She kept quiet until they reached the camp. Jiayi was relieved to see her best friend again, it was after sunset, around six thirty in the evening.

"Appu, where were you? I was starting to get worried."

Jiayi hugged Apsara as her eyes showed concern.'

"It's fine, Somebody trapped me inside a cave."

Apsara intentionally looked at Anusuiya with an angry face.

"Don't look at me, and what do you mean by trapped? You literally withered the boulder to pieces yourself."

Anusuiya looked away to not meet the death glare of Apsara.

"And who is this special person?"

Jiayi said sarcastically.

"Hi dear, I am Anusuiya, you can call me Anu Kutti. Unfortunately your friend's mouth spits spikes to the heart, I was unhappy the whole day."

Anusuiya pouted, trying to act cute to earn the heart of the Chinese girl.

"Aww, were you, I know. Appu you should talk properly to the elderly."

Jiayi scolded her, and looked at the Sinhalan old woman.

"Elderly my foot, Chang Jiyai, have you forgotten the fact that we are immortals?"

Jiayi mouthed an 'oh' remembering that they are definitely older than Anusuiya.

"Wait, you are an immortal too?"

Anusuiya's eyes went wide, what is with today. She got to meet literally two immortals.

"Yes, you will meet three more if you come with me, Mrs Anu Kutti. Let me show you around, our special guest."

"Are you serious? I thought you would kick her out of here, and now you are welcoming her."

Apsara looked at Jiayi in disbelief.

"Oh aren't you a sweetie, unlike this demon Asura."

Anusuiya complemented Jiayi while cursing Apsara.'

"If you call me an Asura one more time, I will skin you to death."

Apsara's eyes glowed red again.

"Appu, you are noticing that his energy still lives in you?"

Jiayi warned her, reminding her that Apsara should not lose her temper one more time, or else she might turn even worse than Lord Kali.

Apsara took a deep breath turning her eyes back to the normal blue.

"Come Mrs Anu kutti."

Jiayi got Anusuiya busy, Jiayi might be able to handle Anusuiya's talking since she too loves it.

"Guys, you are here? You won't believe who is here?"

Vasuda and Maya came running to bring the news to the Demon Empress.

"Appu, come if you want to welcome your dearest Husband."

"What?"

Apsara ran along with Vasuda and Maya to the shores of Lanka.

The Ship from Panchal stood proud, in the sea. Overpowering the one from Dwaraka.

"Is he for real?"

Jiayi catched up with them.

Ashwathama waved at Apsara seeing her.

"Oh my dear God, tell me I am having a nightmare."

To be continued