CHAP-16 Marriage night

The city of Panchal was shocked to hear the news of their Emperor finally getting married.
Ashwathama's horse walked slowly through the roads of Panchal, his guards surrounding him for his safety.
This time he had brought a carriage with him, red curtains hid the fair maiden inside.
"Hey, have you heard about the news of our King finally getting married."
One of the women in the city asked her gossip friend to see the king with his horse and his guards holding a palanquin.
"Yes, that must be the bride, I heard she is the most beautiful woman in the world."
The gossip of the citizens earned the attention of The emperor.
He yanked a bit on his horse's reins to stop its hooves.
He sided his horse stopping the carriage as well.
"Dearest people of North Panchal, you might have heard about the news of my marriage. I have found the best Empress for you, she is intelligent, she is a warrior and she is gorgeous.
Ashwathama got off his horse and walked towards the carriage, his hands parting the two ends of the crimson red curtains.
"Your people are waiting to see your face my beloved."
Ashwathama spoke softly to her, her face still in the fire of anger to him.
He offered his hand, she took it as she carefully stepped down to the ground.
As soon as her face was revealed the mouths of the citizens went agape.
Most of them mouthed 'Woah', they admired her beauty.
"Her name is Apsara, and today onwards she will be crowned your Queen."
She examined the city and its people, the people seemed nice.
She just faked a smile, seeing her looking at all of them, they bowed at her.
"Long live our Queen."
They all said in unison leaving Apsara in shock.
"See, they love you and I love you too."
Ashwathama downed his head to meet her eyes, death glaring at him.
"Well I hate you."
She said stepping up to the palanquin.
"oh no, no, no, you are not traveling through the palanquin anymore."
He said pulling her towards him, making her almost fall back, but he caught her.
His dark orbs met her beautiful blue ones.
She immediately straightened herself, he took her towards his horse and picked her up, making her eyes widened, he gently placed her on the horse, he too got up.
"We are almost near the Palace, we don't need the Palanquin anymore."
He said as he tightened his grip a bit backwards on the reins, making the horse start its walk again.
The horses reached the palace, Apsara was then taken from there to a room. The room had a pool inside it.
It was definitely the bath area.
The maids brought turmeric milk Paste. It is a ritual of the bride and groom to get the most clean before marraige. She was made to sit in a tub, as they took her clothes off, they made her wear a bathrobe.
They applied the paste on her body, after the process, she got up from the tub and walked towards the pool. She stepped down the steps of the pool and took off the bathrobe and got down to the water.
She swam as much as she wanted, cleaning off the turmeric paste applied on her body.
She enjoyed the time she had to her heart content.
After the hot bath they took her towards the dressing room.
"Your Highness, this is your wedding dress."
The maids said and showed her a bright red gold embroidered lehenga and gold embroidered vermillion top. And these are your jewelry.

They show her huge necklaces and heavy ornaments.
Her eyes widened seeing the heavy ornaments.
"They have been picked by your Future husband himself."
Wow what a time, a bride does not get to choose her wedding look either.
"I am your mannequin."
She says as the maids started dressing her up.

_________¤• •¤___________

Apsara was relieved that the wedding was over.
She can't believe she got married to a man who was her enemy.
"Your Highness, I am Manu. Today onwards I will be your personal caretaker and most trusted aid."
A girl with raven black hair and dusky skin color said.
"I see, my most trusted aid.
Manu, will you do me a favor?"
Apsara's lips curled up to a smirk , she was planning a long wedding night.
"Yes your majesty, name it."
Manu asked.
"Bring me the most dangerous poison in the palace, that is in your reach."
Manu was taken aback hearing her request.
"And make sure no one finds out about this, make it quick and also bring two cups of tea."
Manu understood that Apsara is not someone who is the best personality.
"Yes, your majesty."
Manu said leaving the chamber.

Time skip

Ashwathama opened the chamber to see his woman waiting for him, sitting at the table.
As she saw him, she poured the tea into the cups, making sure that the poison in his cup was mixed well. She looked at him smiling.
"Oh, my beautiful wife has arranged tea for me."
He said as he took a seat.
"Greetings to you, My Lord."
His mind went clouded hearing her call him My Lord, that is all he wanted.
He took the cup of tea to drink, but he stopped. He placed the cup of tea down the table.
Apsara was worried if he had doubts about the tea.
"You drink the tea first, I care about you more than me."
He said taking her cup of tea and raising it to her.
"Yes, of course."
She sighed in relief that he did not doubt anything.
She took the cup from him, as she gulped down a mouth of tea.
"Hmm, now it's my turn, so what type of poison did you put in this?Mercury, Rat Killer?"
His words made her eyes widened.
He chuckled at her reaction, he drank the tea.
She was completely confused, he laughed more.
"My love, I am a Bhramin,I know what herbal tea smells like.
And even if I ingest it, I won't die.
You see this on my forehead, it's not there for nothing."
He said laughing and cupped her face. She was so confused.
"You look so cute when you are confused."
His eyes went to her lips, those juicy luscious lips, how he craved them.
He pecked her and looked at her sweetly.
He got up and picked her up from her seat in a bridal style.
She was startled and started to wiggle like an earthworm in his arms.
He placed her in bed and hovered above her.
"Ashwathama, whatever you are trying to do, don't you dare!"
She was breathing heavily, all stressed up.
He just chuckled, but did not do anything to her.
Ashwathama got off the bed and blew off all the lights from the candles and the lamps.
"He got above the bed on his side and took his jewels.
She jerked a bit, seeing him do that.
He just laid on his side.
"Sleep well, tomorrow we have a lot of political problems to solve."
He said as he closed his eyes.
She sighed and took off her jewels, leaving her in the Lehenga and Kurti.
She laid beside him, with a needed space between each other.

To be continued

{ hey guys , poor Apsara forgot about, ashwathama's gift.
Let's wish them congrats on their wedding. And Ashwathama does not have a real wife in reality, so now he only belongs to Apsara.}