CHAP-20 The Saviour Parrot

~Present time Kali Yuga~
~9th March 2023~

___________¤•¤___________

Kripa stared at the night sky, filled with stars. Karti was asleep in her mother's embrace, Manasa's eyes were red from all the crying. She leaned her head towards the thick wall. It was so cold, because of the outside snowfall.

"Kripa, where is Ashwathama?It has been three days."
Manasa looked at her husband and said.
"There must be some reasons he is late."
Kripa was once a man who would just always get jealous about his brother in law.
Even though he was the Raj guru of the Kuru rashtra, he neither got respect nor appreciation.
When lord Krishna cursed the Uncle and the nephew, they were homeless. Both were kicked out of their houses.
The Panchal rajya was taken over by the Pandavas, and became one of the states of the epic kuru dynasty.
Ashwathama then followed the lead of his uncle.
But in the midst of the 14th century when the great emperor Raja Raja Chola had died, the both separated. They worked as weapon makers in the Chola empire, at Thanjavur.
When both went on their own ways, Ashwathama joined to live with some tribal clans of the himalayas.
While Kripa lived doing works like construction and marketing as a normal citizen.
Ashwathama and Kripa were alarmed by the arrival of islam, they thought the dark age Krishna told them to wait for had started.
But after sometime they understood the islams were not the bad guys, in fact the ancient immortal hindus are.
The brother and sister, Kali and Durukti both are siblings, who forgot the fact of being siblings through the long period of their lives.
They fell in love with each other and got married, and had Three kids.
Mrutyu, Bhaya and Apsara.
The two elders were raised on being the dogs of their parents.
But seeing the Youngest Ashwathama and Kripa was taken in a train back to their old memories.
Kripa remembered when she strangled him by the neck at the Dwapara, he thought her as an enemy and a crazy vixen.
Seeing apsara as his enemy, Ashwathama's heart was shaken.
His one and only love of his life was born.
Some nights he would sneak into the palace of the Tagzigs, to her room. He would stare at her sleeping and place wet kisses on her face.
He had missed his Wife so much, but that Apsara did not know him.
Even when assassins try to kill her from behind, he would kill them without her knowing anything and save her.
He has been living as her guardian angel all his life, and sometimes even has to attack and fight her, which he does, always smiling at her.
Apsara would think what kind of lunatic he is.
He would always wear a face mask covering up to his nose, with only the space of the eyes and the hole for the nose open to get air. His lips and the sharp jawline was on reveal, letting him talk comfortably.
Kripa looked at the airglow and sighed. He looked down at the dusty floor, his feet had so many scars and burns.
'Why isn't he still here?'
Kripa asked himself.
"Hey guys, how have you been?"
A sound from above said, it seemed familiar.
Manasa and Kripa looked up to see a parrot, sitting on the edge of the small window.
"Shuka!"
Kripa stood up quietly, not making any loud sounds, as the guards could wake up.
"Shuka, where is ashwathama?"
Kripa looked at the Parrot son of Vyasa, The narrator of the Bhagavata.
"Well he is quite not available, so He sent me."
Shuka is a divine parrot, created by Veda Vyasa, he turned into a human. Vishnu, who was present on the earth as Krishna assures the parrot that no one would kill him and he would be incapable of attachment and eligible for moksha.
But because of his divine birth, he had a good timeline of life.
He is not an immortal, but can live up to a million years.
He won't go more than that.
"What could be more important for him than his Uncle and family?"
Kripa rolled his eyes.
"Don't worry old man, I have got this?"
Shuko squeezed himself through the bars of the window and got in.
He saw the guards asleep and the keys hanging in one of the nails hitted on to the walls outside.
Shuka easily squeezed himself out the metal bars of the jail and took the keys with his beak.
Kripa took the keys and slowly tried one by one on the keyhole.
"Yeah, it's this one."
He opened the bars, creaks were able to hear but the guards were in their own deep dreams to wake up.
"Karti, wake up, Let's get out of here."
Manasa, woke up her daughter.
"Amma"
She whined, Kripa took Karti in his arms and got out of the jail.
Right now his top priority was his Three year old daughter and his beloved wife.
Three of them with the parrot quietly snuck out of the jail room.
"Guys, I know a shortcut out of the palace, follow me."
Shuka told and led the way.
They met a hallway, and Shuka showed a hollow place in the red carpet below.
Manasa moved the carpet to see a secret doorway to go outside, leading through a ladder.
As they all got out, Shuka closed the round metal door and put the carpet back steady.
He just got out through the window, since he could squeeze himself out, all the time.
The family got outside to see the extreme snowy ground.
Thank god they were wearing winter suits given by the guards, so they won't freeze to death at midnight in the jail.
That would have been ugly.
Shuka flew towards them and stood on the shoulders of Manasa.
"No need to thank me, just feed me some Oreos when we get back to Delhi, I want the blackpink ones."
Shuko demanded.
Kripa giggled, thank god Vyasa cloned a friend like this, or else they would have been locked up there, maybe forever, because of an Irresponsible Nephew.

To be continued

Hey guys the story is going steady we are almost 2 K reads now, I am so happy. Thanku guys so much.
I would have been nothing without your support.🎊