Chapter 23

The room fell silent.

Jiang Ci coldly snorted, his voice lazy but with a hint of gloom, "Now even cats and dogs can come and meddle in my affairs?"

Jiang Xuan's face turned pale, even his bright and clear eyes looked aggrieved, with tears welling up, he was almost crying from Jiang Ci's anger.

"I did it out of kindness, worrying about Su Yue. Can't you stop insulting people?" Jiang Xuan bit her red lips, her soft nature rarely showing a bit of toughness, but after scolding Jiang Ci, she felt inexplicably afraid.

Jiang Ci raised his eyebrows, his thin lips curling into a cold smile, his face both ugly and arrogant, "Insult? You came here on your own." Then, with a hint of disdain, he said slowly, "Jiang Muhang is dead? Can't even control his own pets?"

Jiang Xuan was stunned, looking at Jiang Ci incredulously. She thought this man was just ugly and cold, but she didn't expect him to be so vicious and merciless in his speech.

"How can you be like this?" It seems that in her past life, she didn't understand the man in front of her enough. Fortunately, in this life, she got rid of him.

Jiang Ci was in a bad mood because he couldn't get the mango cake he wanted. Now he was being bothered by a woman he didn't know, and he had no patience left. The cold smile on his lips disappeared, and his eyes became cold in an instant, "Too much nonsense."

His thin lips lifted, "Get out!"

"Su Yue. . . Su Yue." Jiang Xuan was terrified by Jiang Ci's icy demeanor, and she covered her mouth with her small hand, not daring to make a sound.

After running out of the small building like a fugitive, Jiang Xuan felt a little flustered. She wanted to help Su Yue, but Jiang Ci was an unreasonable person.

She really did her best to help Su Yue.

After returning to the villa, Jiang Muhang had just returned from the company. He was wearing a black, slim-fit suit, with a serious expression on his face. His assistant was by his side, as if reporting something to him.

Jiang Xuan's eyes were watery as she looked at this outstanding man. Even the servants beside her were stunned.

Jiang Muhang saw his little wife there and asked his assistant to leave. He walked over to Jiang Xuan with long strides, directly embracing her slender waist. His voice was low and magnetic, "Waiting for me?"

Jiang Xuan's fair face turned red. She didn't know where to put her hands. She shyly said, "No. . . not really." Her voice was soft and tender. "Muhang, let me go first. There are people around."

Jiang Muhang smiled and looked at his beautiful wife's face slowly turning red. He found it amusing and liked her shy and tender appearance. He teased her, "Who dares to watch?"

Jiang Xuan nestled in Jiang Muhang's chest, enjoying the moment, but also feeling that this intimate behavior in public was not appropriate. She softly begged Jiang Muhang, "Can we talk in our room?"

Jiang Muhang chuckled and hinted, "Go to the room? Sure."

Jiang Xuan's face turned completely red.

She thought again that she would enter the drama group in a few days and would not be able to come back for a while. She also wanted to stay with Jiang Muhang.

Her watery eyes became moist, and Jiang Xuan's little hand pulled Jiang Muhang's clothes and nodded shyly, "Okay."

At night, the night became darker, and the small western-style building in the black curtain appeared particularly quiet and deep.