Chapter 25

The air froze again.

Su Yue quietly pulled Jiang Ci's sleeve and leaned over to ask in a low voice, "Are you really going to stay here for a few days?"

The woman's voice was soft and pleasant, and her warm breath sprayed on his ear. Jiang Ci felt a slight itch in his ear. He pursed his lips and smiled, "Of course, if you don't come back with me, then I have to stay here."

"I have to attend a banquet with my parents tomorrow, and then I will go back. Is that okay?" Su Yue whispered.

"Oh, then I'll go back tomorrow too." Anyway, he couldn't sleep without her.

Smelling the faint milk fragrance again, Jiang Ci's lips curled up, obviously with some joy.

Su Yue was helpless. She said softly to him, "Don't make my dad angry." He couldn't see it, but her dad's face was already red with anger. Su Yue was really worried that he would come over and beat Jiang Ci.

"I'm not making him angry." Jiang Ci paused and lazily said, "I'm reasoning with him."

Su Yue: ". . ." He was clearly the most unreasonable person.

Across from them, Su Jindong gritted his teeth and said, "There are no rooms available for you here."

Jiang Ci sneered and said, "Su Yue and I are married. I'll sleep in her room."

Su Jindong's face turned blue.

Su Yue quickly pulled Jiang Ci's sleeve and whispered, "Please don't speak." She wished she could cover his mouth.

Fang Ru was afraid that her husband and son-in-law would quarrel, and her daughter would suffer in the end. She glanced at Su Jindong and said, "Okay, let's not talk anymore. The food is getting cold. Jiang Ci and the child haven't had lunch yet. Hua, please add some dishes."

Su Jindong always listened to his wife. Now that Fang Ru spoke, he had to restrain his anger and glare fiercely at the blind Jiang Ci before eating.

The dinner table returned to calm, and Su Yue secretly breathed a sigh of relief.

Usually, the servants would place the dishes in fixed positions during meals. Jiang Ci could skillfully pick up his own food. However, at Su's house, they used a long table, and the dishes were placed randomly. Jiang Ci did not know where the dishes were.

After Hua added food for Jiang Ci and Xiaohao, Su Yue leaned close to Jiang Ci and whispered, "Today we have braised pork ribs, steamed osmanthus fish, stir-fried flower crabs, braised prawns, chicken soup with cabbage. . ." She patiently listed the names of the dishes, "What do you want to eat? I'll serve you."

"Anything is fine." The pleasant voice sounded beside him, and Jiang Ci felt his ear itch, wanting to scratch it.

"Jiang Ci, have you lost weight these days?" Su Yue looked at his clear and angular right face.

Jiang Ci hummed, "I'm hungry."

Su Yue didn't believe him. Could the Jiang family really let him go hungry?

On the other side, Su Jindong's hand holding the chopsticks showed bulging veins. He watched his daughter eat while taking care of the blind man, feeling both angry and heartbroken. He had always doted on his spoiled daughter, but now she had to serve someone else, a man who was both ugly and blind. He couldn't bear to see it.

Most importantly, his daughter had never served him food before, so why should she serve Jiang Ci, the blind man?

"Yueyue, I want to eat ribs. Can you help Dad?" Su Jindong glared at Jiang Ci and spoke up.