Chapter 32

Upon hearing Jiang Ci's words, Su Yue narrowed her eyes slightly. It was obvious that this man still held a grudge against her for suggesting that they eat mango cake twice a week.

It turned out that he was waiting for her here.

"Jiang Ci, I never said you couldn't eat cake. You're just spreading rumors," Su Yue refused to take the blame for this." Besides, you never agreed to my proposal."

Jiang Ci held his chin with one hand, his knuckles prominent. His long fingers contrasted with the scars on the left side of his face. He stirred the porridge in his bowl with a spoon, looking listless." Eating only twice a week is the same as not eating at all."

Song Nianyue understood their conversation and a smile returned to her face. She looked at Su Yue's beautiful face and her eyes darkened slightly. She spoke gently, "Miss Su, you don't understand Jiang Ci."

She opened the cake box and the tempting aroma of cake filled the air. Inside was a small and cute mango cake, much prettier than yesterday's.

Song Nianyue continued, "Jiang Ci loves mango cake the most. You're asking him to give up something he loves. Your intentions may be good, but everyone has their own passions and obsessions. You can't demand that others give up their hobbies."

"It's like how I love to dance. I train intensively every day, even though it's hard on my body. But this is something I'm passionate about. Even if someone advises me that intense training can cause ligament injuries and is not good for my health, I will listen but not accept it."

"Miss Su, please don't blame me for being too straightforward. I just think we have different opinions, and I only understand Jiang Ci's feelings." Song Nianyue spoke elegantly as she cut the cake into four small pieces. "Actually, after eating cake, drinking a glass of plain skimmed yogurt can aid digestion and weight loss. So, it's not necessary to give up completely."

Su Yue frowned and found it amusing. She never expected that Song Nianyue would be so concerned about her advising Jiang Ci to eat less mango cake and would have a bunch of reasons to refute her advice. She realized that her approach was wrong. "Jiang Ci, this one is yours, do you want to try it? Although it's not as good as the ones made by a professional pastry chef, it should still taste good."

Song Nianyue placed the largest piece of cake she had cut into Jiang Ci's hand. She glanced at Jiang Ci's face and quickly looked away. The scar on Jiang Ci's face was clearly visible in the sunlight, twisted and distorted like worms crawling on it, uneven and really disgusting.

Jiang Ci pulled the corner of his mouth and said casually, "Su Yue, this woman wants me to eat cake, do you agree or not?"

Su Yue was stunned by Jiang Ci's question. He was deliberately trying to provoke her, wasn't he? Jiang Ci didn't even notice that Song Nianyue's face had become awkward!

So annoying.

Su Yue gritted her teeth inwardly, "I have no right to control you." Then, her beautiful eyes curved, like sparkling stars under the sunlight, beautiful and charming. "Besides, Miss Song has put in a lot of effort, so you should eat it quickly." She didn't want to be the bad guy.

This Song Nianyue does have a clear and elegant appearance, with temperament and grace in her every move, which makes people feel good. But not including her. Su Yue didn't just come into the entertainment industry for nothing. She had seen all kinds of people who put on different faces and pretended to be someone else, and her ability to see through them was not bad.

Song Nianyue's previous speech was ostensibly expressing her own opinion, but in reality, she was telling Jiang Ci that Su Yue was meddling in their affairs. She wasn't stupid, how could she not hear it?