Chapter 45

Su Yue changed into a custom-made dress and applied red lipstick in front of the mirror. Her small face did not have any makeup on it. 

It was not because she was lazy, as there was a dedicated makeup artist. It was because her face was already delicate and beautiful, even her skin was whiter and more flawless than those who had makeup on. If she were to apply foundation, it would only cover up the radiance of her skin. 

Su Yue slightly pursed her rosy lips and smiled. With her red lips, white teeth, and captivating eyes, along with a light blue dress adorned with diamonds on the waist and skirt, she was so dazzling that people couldn't take their eyes off her. 

"Jiang Ci, we can leave now." 

"Are you happy?"

Jiang Ci stood up from the sofa, wearing a black fitted suit with a white shirt inside. He looked even more tall and slender. Su Yue couldn't help but feel that the scar on the left side of Jiang Ci's face seemed to have smoothed out a bit, making him look less fierce and scary. 

"Do I look happy?" Su Yue raised her lips. She wasn't particularly interested in attending the banquet, but if there was a good show to watch, she was willing to go. 

Su Yue remembered the plot in the book for this banquet. 

At the banquet, Jiang Muhang suddenly came under attack, and at the critical moment, Jiang Xuan was injured while trying to save him. It was because of this incident that Jiang Muhang became more and more fond of Jiang Xuan, and in the following days, he treated her like a treasure, and their love was sweet and doting. 

So Su Yue was looking forward to seeing the scene in the book where the heroine saved the hero. Jiang Ci thoughtfully extended his arm for her to hold onto, and for some reason, he could hear the schadenfreude in Su Yue's laughter. 

When they arrived at the hotel, the banquet was about to begin. 

Song Nianyue held a glass of wine and occasionally looked towards the entrance of the hall, waiting for Jiang Ci to appear. 

"What are you doing hiding here?" At this moment, when Song Xiaoqing passed by and saw Song Nianyue, she thought she was shy and timid, only daring to hide quietly on the side. She took Song Nianyue's hand and said, "Silly child, don't be afraid, stay by my side."  

Song Nianyue was both pleasantly surprised and conflicted. She was pleasantly surprised that by staying by Song Xiaoqing's side, she could easily come into contact with the top-tier connections of the wealthy and powerful, but conflicted because when Jiang Ci appeared later, she would have to find a way to get to his side. 

"What's wrong?" Song Xiaoqing noticed that Song Nianyue hadn't moved her feet. 

At this moment, Song Nianyue caught a glimpse of Jiang Ci suddenly appearing at the entrance of the hall. He had come. She breathed a sigh of relief, really worried that Jiang Ci would be capricious and not attend. 

When her gaze inadvertently fell on Su Yue next to Jiang Ci, Song Nianyue's pupils contracted. She found that every time she saw Su Yue, the other person was more beautiful than the last time. She felt a vague unease, wondering if her best friend had given Su Yue some kind of beauty-enhancing "golden finger."  

But when she thought about Su Yue's ultimate fate, her unease faded away. Song Nianyue smiled and took Song Xiaoqing's arm." Auntie, Uncle seems to be looking for you, let's go over there."  

Not only Song Nianyue, but many people present also noticed Jiang Ci and Su Yue's appearance." Is that. . . Jiang Ci?" 

"It's him. After all, he's the only one in the wealthy families who has both disfigured his face and lost his sight. Compared to Jiang Muhang, the two brothers are now too far apart. Is Jiang Ci not worried about becoming a laughingstock?" Some guests sneered.