Chapter 100

In the hospital, after Lu Xiang finished the call, Lu's mother hurriedly arrived. 

"How is the child? It's not too serious, right?" Lu's mother rushed over, panting. 

"The child is receiving an IV drip inside and still vomiting. I asked the nurse to watch him for a while. I just called to inform Mrs. Jiang." Lu Xiang's face was not good, and she didn't know if Mr. and Mrs. Jiang would blame her. "Mom, where did you buy the vegetables this morning? The doctor said that Jiang Haoyan had acute gastroenteritis caused by eating stale seafood. "

Lu's mother was stunned, and then her expression became panicked. She mumbled, "Just the usual vegetable market. "

"Which stall?" Even if Mr. Jiang blamed her, she would have something to say. 

"I don't remember. Why are you asking so many details?" Lu's mother's eyes were wandering, and she frowned dissatisfiedly. 

Lu Xiang knew Lu's mother very well. Seeing her appearance, she slowly asked, "Mom, how much money do you have left from the money I gave you to buy vegetables this morning?"

"I've used it all up. Didn't we buy fish, shrimp, and crab?" Lu's mother was uncomfortable being stared at by her daughter. She stood up straight and held her breath. 

"Did you go out to play mahjong again just now?" Lu Xiang thought of the color of the shrimp they ate at noon today. She asked at the time if it was not fresh. "Did you buy some stale shrimp and crabs and use the remaining money to play mahjong?" Lu Xiang's tone was certain. 

"That's not true." Lu's mother waved her hand. 

"It must be like this." Seeing the panicked expression on her mother's face, Lu Xiang knew that her guess was correct. "Mom, how could you do this? You saved money to play mahjong and bought some stale shrimp and fish that have been sitting for who knows how many days. Even adults could get diarrhea from eating them, let alone children. Children have weak stomachs, how could they handle it?" No wonder Jiang Haoyan had stomach pain and vomiting. 

"When I bought it, the vendor told me it had only been out for a day. How could it not be fresh? I ate it too," Lu's mother said dissatisfiedly. "It's just that kid being picky, so troublesome. "

"Mom!"

Lu Xiang was infuriated by her mother's shortsightedness. If Jiang Haoyan was just her niece, she wouldn't have paid much attention. But now Jiang Haoyan was the child of the wealthy Jiang family, and her status was completely different. She didn't know how to explain this to them, and it would be difficult to invite Jiang Haoyan to their home in the future, especially after such an incident. 

"Okay, okay, it's my fault. How could I know he's so picky?" Lu's mother said irritably. "Where's the child? I'll go in and see. "

As soon as Lu's mother finished speaking, a tall man and an extremely beautiful and delicate woman walked over. 

Lu Xiang was stunned by their speed. She had just finished calling them not long ago, and they had already rushed to the hospital. "Mr. Jiang, Mrs. Jiang. . . "

Before she could finish her sentence, she was interrupted. "Where is he?" Su Yue's usually soft and pleasant voice carried a hint of coldness. 

Lu Xiang quickly replied, "He's inside getting an IV. "

As soon as she finished speaking, Jiang Ci and Su Yue didn't even glance at her and went straight to the infusion area. With the recent change in weather, many people had caught colds and were getting IVs. In the hallway, Su Yue saw a small figure lying on a hospital bed, vomiting into a nearby trash can.