Chapter 54

Afternoon classes were not many, and school was dismissed around four o'clock. 

Su Yue followed Jin Mingyuan in a taxi to Xu Xue's house. Although the Xu family was a nouveau riche and could not enter the top circle of the wealthy, they were still considered rich and lived in the villa area around the rich district. 

Xu's father had been worried about not being able to integrate into the wealthy circle of B city. At this time, seeing the two who came, one was the daughter of the Su family, and the other was the daughter of the Jin family, his face was full of enthusiasm, and he said loudly, "Xiao Xue has not been feeling well lately. She is in her room. It's rare that you have the heart to come and visit her."  Although he was curious why the daughter of the Su family was wearing a mask, he did not ask. 

"Please sit down quickly. Xiao Xue may still be resting. You can sit for a while first," Xu's mother said warmly." Feng Sao, go upstairs and let the second young lady come down. Tell her that her sister's friend has come and let her come down to greet them." 

"Yes, Madam," Feng Sao was stunned for a moment, and quickly responded. Why did the second young lady have to come down to entertain her sister's friend? Moreover, the young lady was obviously reading in her room at this time. 

Xu's father was slightly surprised to hear Xu's mother's words, but did not object. 

Jin Mingyuan knew the inside story, and she said, "Don't bother. Since Xue Xue is upstairs, let's go up and see her. Is it convenient?"

"Convenient, why not?" Xu's father laughed heartily, "I'll have someone take you upstairs." 

Su Yue and Jin Mingyuan happened to reach the stairs and saw a girl with an ordinary appearance, a fair complexion, and a hint of pitifulness walking down. 

"Hello, sisters. My name is Xu Lian. Are you here to see my sister upstairs? Let me take you up," Xu Lian smiled, revealing two small tiger teeth. Her ordinary appearance added a bit of cuteness, making people easily have a good impression of her. 

Jin Mingyuan frowned and was about to refuse, but was pulled by Su Yue next to her." Thank you," Su Yue said. 

"You're welcome, sisters." 

Xu Lian brought Su Yue and Jin Mingyuan to the door and knocked." Sister, your two classmates are here to visit you. Please open the door." 

There was no response, so Xu Lian knocked again." Sister?"

After a while, the door opened, revealing Xu Xue's delicate and pale face." Yueyue, Mingyuan, why are you here?" She looked at Xu Lian and said, "Come in and sit down first." 

"Sister, I won't disturb you. Have a good chat."  Xu Lian smiled and left, understanding that she shouldn't interrupt them. 

Downstairs, Xu Lian sat next to Xu's mother. Xu's mother said, "Did you see your sister's classmates? One is the daughter of the Su family, and the other is the daughter of the Jin family. They are both top-notch wealthy families. You should entertain them well or make friends with them. Maybe one day they can help your father." 

Xu's father nodded in agreement. 

"But it seems like the two sisters don't like me very much," Xu Lian said. Of course, she also wanted to make friends with these two wealthy girls, especially since one of them was Xu Xue's friend. 

"Lian Lian is so cute. No one wouldn't like you," Xu's mother comforted her by patting her head. 

In the room, Jin Mingyuan sat casually on the sofa and complained, "I feel uncomfortable looking at your stepmother and stepsister. We came to see you, who cares about your stepsister."