Chapter 18

TW FOR THIS CHAPTER, MENTIONS OF SH

---

Josh's POV:

I'd never been so upset that it physically hurt until this point. My chest ached, my head throbbed, and every single muscle in my body hurt.

I hadn't even cried. I'd just laid there feeling the weight of the world crashing down on me. And at one point, it got too much, and everything wiped away. All my emotions just turned off. I felt completely numb.

I had no idea what to do with myself. All I could do was lay there regretting every choice I'd made and loathing myself.

It was almost as if I was on autopilot as I headed downstairs into the kitchen.

"Josh, are you okay? You look upset?" My mum asked worriedly.

"It's silly, really. My playstation isn't working properly, I think it's overheating. I'm gonna clean out the fan. It's probably full of dust." I told her, heart pounding. "Do we have a screwdriver?"

"Yeah, hold on." She smiled, opening up the bottom drawer and getting one out. "There you go. If that doesn't work, we can always take it to a shop and get it checked out."

"Thanks, mum." I forced a smile before heading back upstairs.

Completely numb, I went into the bathroom with my screwdriver and a pencil sharpener in hand.