Chapter 26

Josh's POV:

"Josh, leaving the exam like that means you could be disqualified." The principal told me.

"I know, I know." I nodded.

"And because you were talking to another student during exam time, he likely will be, too." He said.

"Hey, that's not fair. You can't disqualify him. He had a medical emergency." I said, horrified.

"You put him in that position, Josh." He frowned.

"If I may- I was one of the people invigilating that exam, and I witnessed their entire conversation. Josh and Simon's papers had been taken in before they both left, and not once did they talk about the paper. Josh just calmed Simon down and took him to the ambulance." My maths teacher stepped in. "If Josh hadn't been there, Simon may not have voluntarily gone to the hospital. We absolutely can not punish him for this, and we do have the grounds to fight his disqualification."

"We do, but we can't guarantee that we'd win. I can't promise you that you won't fail, Josh. Even if we fight this, we may not win." The principal told me.

"I know, but even so, I'd do it again. Simon needed me." I insisted.

"I know, Josh. And you did a good thing helping him. It was just unfortunate timing." He said.

"Can I go now? I want to go up to the hospital." I said.

"I'm not sure they'll let you in. You're a minor." He told me.

"I'm gonna go in with Simon's mum. It'll be fine. I need to see him though, so please may I go?" I asked.

"Of course, go see him." He nodded.