Chapter 28

Josh's POV:

It was thirty minutes before the nurse said we could go in. She wanted his medication working before we did.

"Before we go in there, Josh, I have forgiven you, but I can't promise you Simon has or will." She said.

"I know, and I'm ready to accept it if he hasn't. I'm just here to know he's okay." I told her, and she nodded.

His mum opened the door, and she headed in there, but I hung in the doorway, waiting.

"Simon, honey. How do you feel?" She asked.

"My head hurts, mum. I don't remember what happened." He said quietly.

"You had an episode. Haven't you been taking your medication?" She asked.

"I've been struggling to do anything besides get out of the house to go to the exams, I kept forgetting to take it." He admitted.

"From now on, I'm managing your medication. And you will be taking it." She said firmly.

"Did anybody see my episode?" He asked worriedly.

"You got taken out of the exam before it got bad. Josh managed to calm you down and get you in the ambulance, which you went in voluntarily. He took good care of you." She told him.

"Josh was there..?" He mumbled.

"I know you haven't forgiven him, but I heard what he had to say when I drove him here. He ran to our house to tell me what happened so we could both come see you. I believe that he's changed, but whether you forgive him or not is up to you. I'd understand if you didn't after how you felt, but I can tell he genuinely cares about you." She said softly.

"He's here?" He asked, surprised.

"He is. He was terrified. And he'd looked up your condition so that he could help you if something like this happened this year, even though you weren't on good terms." She told him. "I think you should talk to him."

She left the room and nodded to me, signalling me to go in. She closed the door behind me, giving us some privacy.