chapter seven

"You and Julien hugged!" Tina let out a squeal of excitement. She was so happy to see that her plan to get her friend together with someone had worked. She jumped onto the counter right next to the coffee maker. Chloé had decided to stay at their apartment instead of a hotel, which was great news for Tina. She couldn't wait to spend more time with her girlfriend.

Magnolia was amused (and slightly annoyed) by Tina's reaction, "You guys are like teenage girls," she said with a laugh as Chloé jumped up onto the counter as well.

"Will you throw me a cup?" Magnolia asked Tina since she was the closest to the drying rack.

Tina reached for a cup, then threw it at her friend with a playful grin. She then leaned her head on her girlfriend's shoulder and asked, "You guys got a date tomorrow, right?"

Magnolia nodded with a smile, "Yup, 'm gonna take her to the art museum and the bookstore that's right next to it. Do you guys think that's a good idea?" She asked, filling up her water cup.

Tina and Chloé both nodded in agreement. "That sounds like a great idea," Chloé said with a smile. "I'm sure she'll love it."

"Yeah, it's perfect for a first date. It's not too fancy, but it's still romantic. I did some research last night and Julien's an English major," Tina added.

Magnolia laughed in shock, "You Penelope Garcia-ed her?!" She referenced Criminal Minds, a show the three of them bonded over.

The three broke out in a laughing fit until they were all in tears. "I'm done with y'all, I'm going to bed so don't be too loud ya nasties."

Chloé's face turned bright red, "We aren't doing anything like that, you little shit."

"Oh yeah, plus Chlo's going to look at apartments while I'm at work tomorrow, we might try to get one in the same building. Don't forget to tell us all the details after your date tomorrow. We want to know everything!" Tina added.

Magnolia smiled, making her way to her room, Midnight following behind her. "That would be perfect! and I will, I promise. Thanks again for all your help. Goodnight!"

The couple told their best friend goodnight, then continued with a conversation about officially moving in together.

Magnolia reached for a bottle of makeup remover and wiped away what little makeup she had on after sitting in her room.

Once she was done, she took off her jewelry and piled it in one place on her dresser. She changed into an oversized shirt and slipped into bed, the purring cat curled up at the end of it.

She's always had trouble sleeping, but that night was the worst that she's had in a long time with the constant tossing and turning and never being able to truly find a comfortable position.

After about an hour, she got up, took way too many melatonin gummies, and eventually fell asleep.