chapter sixty-eight

Maggie's Pov,
---------------------------

They were in my pocket, I was almost too aware of the fact that I have two engagement rings in my jacket pocket. This was crazy, my goodness I'm so nervous.

"Maggie!" Julien yelled, running full force over to me and jumping into my arms, wrapping her legs around my waist.

"I missed you so much," I pressed multiple kisses on her head, I moved my arm to better support her, avoiding dropping her. "Happy one year, sunshine," I mumble.

"Happy one year!" Julien pulled back, revealing her beautiful smile. I walked us over to an empty couch and sat down with Julien on my lap.

I cup her face, my eyes soften as I gaze upon her beauty. Julien nuzzled her cheek against my palm, "How are you real? You are too perfect to be real."

"Nobody perfect, you know that Maggie," she placed a little kiss on my palm, her pretty eyes meeting mine.

"You're pretty damn close to perfection then, my love," I move one of my hands off her face to tuck a piece of her hair behind her cheek.

"Can I kiss you?" She asked, her eyes staring at my lips. A year in, and she still asks.

"You don't have to ask, you know? You could start full-on making out with me right here and I'd be okay with it because I will do whatever you want me to do," I rambled, before kissing her.

We weren't exactly making out, but we were kissing quite a lot until we heard Phoebe's scream becoming more and more audible. "YOU GUYS ARE MAKING OUT!" Julien and I pulled away, she fell off my lap and sat next to me.

"We weren't making out! Just kissing a little bit!" Julien defends our actions, "That's defamation when you say we were making out."

"My apologies, I'll never make that mistake again, you horny fucks," she teased, flopping down at the end of the couch.

"Phoebe, if anyone's overly horny it's you," Julien rolled her eyes, slinging her arms around my shoulder.

"You aren't wrong, LUCY! LOOK! They're back together!" Phoebe shouted at Lucy who was walking by with Sarah, their keyboardist.

"Maggie! Thank God you're here, Julien will not shut up about you," Lucy sat next to Phoebe and Sarah kept walking further backstage.

"Awe, you talk about me," I coo, kissing her cheek, then nudging it with my nose.

"Of course, I do, what can I say? I'm in love," Julien beamed, she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"You guys are kinda matching, with your jackets," Lucy pointed out. Julien had on a dark gray suit jacket and longer shorts with a white button-up and a black tie on.

I had on a dark gray jacket, a tight black shirt, and baggy blue jeans. "I guess we are," I shrugged.

"We have a few things to straighten out before the show but we can take care of it, you guys can catch up with each other," Phoebe smiled, she and Lucy stood up and went to go take care of what still needed to be done.

"Longest few days of my life," I sigh, resting my head upon hers. "I love you, you know that?"

"I love you too, I can't wait for you to watch the show. It's gonna be the best," she grinned. I am so nervous.

---------------------------

a/n: I truly think this chapter is so cute. I love them so bad.

8 chapters + 2 epilogue ones left