chapter nineteen

With the excitement of the concert and the Speak Now announcement, the group of friends were exhausted after the concert. They were ushered back to the special parking garage where they presumably were gonna say their goodbyes for the night.

"Where are you staying?" Julien asked, swinging her and her girlfriend's hands back and forth as they walked

"Some shitty hotel, are you guys staying at JB's place?" Tina replied, being carried on Chloé's back.

"Yeah, Lucs and I are sharing the guest room," Phoebe dug out Julien's car keys that she was holding onto. "This is JB's car."

"Jesus, Julien. You drive that?" Chloé was surprised by the size of the car. Julien drove a Bronco, a car that was essentially a ginormous box with wheels.

"You guys go back to the hotel, I'm gonna stay with them," Maggie impulsively decided, handing her car keys to Chloé.

"Oh, okay," Chloé took the keys. "Do you wanna meet up somewhere tomorrow?"

"Sure, I'll text you what we planned, love you both," Maggie hugged her roommates before the rest of the group said their goodbyes as well. "Shotgun!"

"Oh! You bitch, I wanted shotgun!" Phoebe complained as she opened up the back door.

"Suck it, Bridgers," Maggie joked, getting into the passenger seat. The large car was rather quiet, despite holding four people in it.

Maggie mindlessly played with Julien's fingers to pass the time. Interlocking their hands, bending Julien's fingers, gently running over the calluses on her fingertips, and lightly tracing over her tattoos.

Julien quickly glanced at Maggie every time she changed her action, Phoebe was passed out on Lucy's shoulder and she was occupied with her phone.

"You're so cute," Julien quietly told her girlfriend. Her words made Magnolia immediately turn red, she removed her hands and placed them into her lap.

"I'm sorry, I spaced out," Maggie was flustered, she found herself becoming more and more flustered the longer she was around the girl.

"Don't be, it was cute," Julien's hand grabbed Magnolia's again, it stayed like that until they got to the house.

"I'm gonna carry Phoebe in," Lucy told them, getting out of the car first.

The new couple walked hand in hand to the front door that they held open for Lucy was carrying Phoebe bridal style into the guest room.

"What do you normally wear for bed?" Julien asked her girlfriend, bringing her into her bedroom.

"Normally just an oversized shirt, your room is cute," she looked around as she took a seat on the bed.

"Thank you, this should work," Julien handed an oversized local band shirt to Maggie, "the bathroom is the next room over."

Maggie took the shirt and left the room, kissing her girlfriend on the cheek. She entered the next room, took her makeup off, changed, and quickly went to the bathroom.

She laid her clothes from the concert in a neat little pile next to her clutch before she picked up her phone and began to search the house in an attempt to find Julien again.

Her socks muffled some of the noise from her steps but she still got called out. "Magnolia!" Lucy whisper-yelled, poking her head out of the guest room.

"Do you know where JB is?" Maggie asked, walking up to her, and leaned against the doorframe.

"She went outside, this is Beans by the way," Lucy informed her, the little black and white dog ran up to Maggie, smelling her, then allowing her to pet her.