EPILOGUE ONE

3rd Person Pov,
---------------------------

"Aurora Rose! We have to go! I will leave you!" Julien shouted from the bottom of the stairs. "We still have to pick up Fallon! We are going to be late!"

Aurora Rose Baker rushed out of her room, guitar on her back. Her untied yellow laces on her Doc Martens flopped around as she flew down the carpeted stairs.

"I'm ready, goodness! Can I drive?" The girl asked as they breezed out the door.

"Absolutely not, you might have your license but there's no way I'm letting you drive right now. We're already running late," Julien opened the back door on the driver's side and placed her guitar in the back seat.

"What's the difference between you driving fast and me driving fast?" Aurora opened the opposite door and placed her mom's passed-down guitar in the back.

"Get your ass in the car," Julien and Aurora climbed into the large car and started the drive to the venue.

The ride was quiet for the first five minutes, once the awkward stage of being in the car passed, Aurora nervously asked, "Will mom be there?" She chewed on her bottom lips as her leg started bouncing up and down.

"She always is, she made sure to cut practice short tonight since dance sometimes can go pretty long. She should be leaving 'Black Light Studios' in twenty minutes," Julien reassured the girl who was incredibly nervous about the gig.

"What about Uncle Josiah and Aunt Noah? Since we're picking Fallon up, will they be there?"

"Honey, everyone will be there. Do you think they would miss us performing? I've reminded them so many times that Fallon and your band go on at seven and I go on at eight. Everything will be alright," she went through town to get to Josiah's house instead of going on the backed-up freeway.

"Do I have to switch schools? It's my senior year!" Aurora sighed, running her hands through her hazel hair. The high school that Aurora had been going to wasn't working out, they had complications with administration so Magnolia and Julien made the decision to switch schools for their daughter.

"I understand it's frustrating, but hopefully things will be better. Think about the positives, Shelby goes there and you guys have more than half of your classes together! Plus school starts tomorrow, and this is your final gig until later in the year," Julien turned down the correct street and pulled up outside of Josiah's house, honking the horn until Fallon came running out of the house.

"What's up!" She moved Aurora's guitar next to Julien's and sat in the seat behind the passenger side, putting her bass on the floor between her legs.

"Did you get a new tattoo?" Aurora asked, turning around as much as she could to see.

"I did! Jonathan and I went and got a few," Fallon showed off the barbed wire tattoos on her arms.

"Why can I get tattoos? You and Mom both have them! You are quite literally covered in them!" the youngest girl asked her mom.

"We've been over this, please don't ask me again. We might be ten minutes away but I will make you walk, don't test me," Julien threatened, speeding up to get to the venue quicker.

"There's Johnny's car, do you see Shelby's?" Fallon pointed out the small silver rig the boy drives.

"He texted me earlier, and said he was picking her up," Aurora responded as they got out of the car.

Taking their instruments out of the car, the three of them went into the venue and met up with their respective bands. Fallon greeted her boyfriend, Jonathan Piker, and blushing Aurora pulled Shelby Chance into a hug.

Practice went smoothly, it wasn't until five minutes till Aurora and her band were supposed to go on that she began to panic. Magnolia hadn't shown up yet, her aunt and uncle were there but no sign of her mother.

"She'll be here, it's gonna be okay!" Noah wrapped Aurora up in a hug, trying to get her to calm down.

"My sister will be here, she'd never miss a show," Josiah tried to reassure his niece.

"Three minutes till show time!" the venue's stage manager yelled, as he entered the room.

Aurora pulled away from the hug, "Maybe I just don't go on! Yeah! Mom, I'm not going on!"

"I'm here, calm down!" Magnolia ran through the door, a panicked look on her face. "I got stuck in traffic, you're gonna do amazing, Aurora. Go!" She gently pulled her daughter into a quick hug before pushing her toward the stage.

"Let's go!" Aurora grabbed Shelby's hand as the band members rushed onto the stage. The crowd erupted into cheers as they grabbed their instruments.

"Hey, honey," Magnolia wrapped her arms around Julien's waist, leaning her chin on her shoulder.

"How is that our kid?" Julien shook her head as Aurora started singing her song, 'Together.'

"She has two pretty good moms, I would say," Maggie kissed Julien's cheek. They proudly watched their daughter, niece, and their friends play on stage.

The set was going amazing! The band, 'FLOWERS FOREVER' went through five of their planned songs, four of them were off of their EP and one of them was 'Ignorance,' a 'Paramore' cover.

"Should we? Yeah, let's play Rly Don't Care,'' Aurora turned around to ask her band. "This is a new song, now before you get all confused, when I mention my dad I'm talking about my uncle because he's pretty much like my dad," she chuckled, talking into the microphone.

"Today, I woke up to a strongly worded email from some man who has a failed music career and he was just going on and on about how I'm not actually talented! He said that people only listen to my music because my mom is Julien Baker, a successful musician, and my other mom is Magnolia Baker, a successful dancer. Truthfully, all I have to say is that a little bit of nepotism never hurt anybody. This song's called 'Rly Don't Care.'

Epilogue 2 coming 2/29/24