chapter fifty-four

Maggie's Pov:
---------------------------

My clothes, shoes, books, a few kitchen supplies, and the packs of my favorite spicy ramen fit perfectly in each spot they were meant to go.

Julien was currently on her second coffee break after she placed my vinyl collection in her music space. I was unpacking some of my trinkets, crystals, and memories I'd picked up over the years when I accidentally found something.

"Oh my God," from a drawer, I pulled out her Homecoming Queen crown. "I hit the jackpot, this is everything," I giggled as I stood up.

I ran out of our room, "look what I found!" My smile was wide as I walked into the kitchen with the crown behind my back.

"What?" She turned around from the coffee maker.

I revealed what was behind my back, "It's so cute!"

"Oh my God, I haven't touched that in years," Julien turned back around to take her cup out of the maker.

I wrap my arms around her, hugging her from behind. "You're a royal rockstar," I teased, peppering kisses on her cheek, jaw, and neck.

Small giggles fell from her lips as she placed her hot coffee on the counter and turned around again. Julien's face was flushed, "stop teasing me!"

"Oh, but how could I? You're my queen," I placed the crown upon her head. "Wow, you.... Hm."

"What is it, love?" her smile was huge, she looked up at me as I was racking my brain on what to say.

"I don't know, you just look perfect. With your little crown, I'm so lucky that you're mine. You could have anyone in the world and yet you choose me," I spoke. She truly looked so beautiful, It blew me away.

"Maggie, I'd choose you in every lifetime. Do I really look good with this on?" Julien laughed, gently touching the sides of the crown.

"You do, it's almost like you were meant to win that day," I grabbed her hands, my thumbs rubbing the back of them.

"I wasn't even gonna go, I was gonna skip and probably smoke somewhere I shouldn't have been. This guy that bullied me nominated me as a way to make fun of me because I was openly gay and he thought that no one would vote for me. But people voted for me because I was just nice to everyone," she shrugged. "I had to wear a dress and heels, that part was pretty awful."

"It baffles me that someone could be so cruel to you, you don't even kill bugs!" I let go of one of her hands and replaced my touch from her hand onto her hip. "But you still were kind to everyone."

"Everyone deserves kindness and it paid off because now I can tell people I won Homecoming Queen," Julien stepped forward, pulling me into a hug.

"I love you, you make me a better person each day. We can definitely finish unpacking today, then it's relaxing time!" I kiss her temple before pulling away and giving her space.

"Amazing, let me finish making my coffee and we can get started again!" She walked over to the fridge to grab the creamer.

"Shall I de-crown you, my love?"

"I'll let you take it off when we get back to our room," Julien playfully winked, then turned back to her coffee.

"Behave," I whispered into her ear before returning to our room.

---------------------------

a/n: Happy Monday!

-A