chapter thirteen

"Please pick up, please pick up!" Magnolia begged to her phone as tears cascaded down her cheeks. She had driven to an old spot she used to frequent down by a lake and called Julien.

"Magnolia, hi! How was the dinner?" Julien's soft voice echoed through the cold car. "Maggie, are you alright?"

"I shouldn't have gone tonight," Magnolia cried, trying to get her breathing under control. "She just can't ever appreciate when I do something good!"

"Oh Maggie, I'm so sorry, I really hoped that it would go well," she sighed. Julien knew she was lucky to have such a supporting family.

"Josiah accidentally told them I was going out with a musician and when I got there they expected me to say I was going out with a man. I told them I was going out with you and my mom freaked out, I even showed them your song 'Ringside' and it satisfied my dad but not my mom," she wiped her tears with the sleeves of her coat.

"I wish you didn't have to go through that and I'm sorry that it was because of me," Julien felt guilty that she was the reason they were arguing.

"You don't have to apologize, I'd rather be with you than have any type of relationship with my mom," Magnolia turned on her car because she started shivering.

"Well, I have something to ask you. It might be crazy but I wanna cheer you up. In a few days, Phoebe is opening for Taylor Swift in Nashville and she's bringing Lucy and I on for a few songs. I wanted to know if you, Tina, and Chloé wanna come to the show. I can get you VIP tickets," Julien asked, laying down on her bed.

"Are you kidding me, Julien? Julien! You can get us VIP, I get to see you perform and see Taylor Swift? Yes! I've been dying to see you! I'll get someone to cover my shifts at work," Magnolia perked up, she pulled out of the lake's parking lot and started driving back home.

"I just sent you the tickets, the show is on the fifth," she told the girl.

"We'll be there by tomorrow, I'm gonna drive all day. Thank you so much, I can't wait to see you! I'll talk to you later!" Maggie rambled on, she was in a much better mood.

"Be safe, I'll see you on the fifth!" And with that, the call ended.

"HOLY SHIT!" Magnolia screamed as she flew down the road.

Her phone started buzzing off the hook, Josiah was calling her this time. His apologetic voice filled her ears, "Mags I am so sorry, I shouldn't have said anything about the dinner, I need to get something off my chest, I-"

"Josiah Spencer! I could care less right now! I'm driving to Nashville tomorrow! JB got the gays and I tickets to see her, Phoebe and Lucy open for fucking Taylor Swift! Now I don't wanna talk to you anymore! Can you take care of our cat?" Maggie turned down her street.

"Okay, okay, I'll take care of your cat! Go get your girl!" Josiah laughed, then hung up the phone. He needed to tell her about the big thing eventually, but for now, it will have to wait.

---------------------------

a/n: been playing guitar a lot and it's stressing me out so here's a new chapter :D

-A