chapter twenty-seven

Maggie's Pov:
---------------------------

The shirt smelled like tobacco and incense, a mixture of scents that I wouldn't have found comforting before I met Julien. The warm air breezing through the car helped dry my hair after the quickest shower I've ever taken. My hand was tightly entangled with Julien's as we drove the distance to my brother's house.

I quietly sang along to the My Chemical Romance song that was playing through the car speakers, my foot tapping along to the beat.

"You have a pretty voice," Julien commented, quickly looking over at me.

"Well it's not as good as yours, but in school, I did choir for a year before I had to stop because of dance," I shrugged.

"That's not fair to you, I'm sorry that you had to miss out on certain things."

"Dance was something that consumed my life, while it wasn't fun all the time it's still a part of me. I miss dancing, I still wanna do something with dance, ya know? I can't own a record shop forever."

"What if you taught kids how to dance? You have enough qualifications for sure. There has to be some studios around North Carolina."

"The big main one is where I used to dance. It would be cool to work there but I don't think I'll be living in NC for much longer," my thumb caresses the back of her hand as I alluded to the idea of us moving in with each other.

She sent me a playful glare before changing the subject. "The boys and I are going on tour in a few months."

"Ugh I know, don't remind me. I am dredging just thinking about you leaving for a long time." I knew we could handle the distance, I had to go home anyways but part of me wished we could be around each other all the time.

"I wish I could bring you along, but I have a bit of a loophole. Our one-year anniversary falls on a show date in LA. and I would never be able to forgive myself if we weren't with each other during our one year. You cannot negotiate with me, it's already all done. I got you backstage passes and I'm gonna fly you out."

"Julien Rose! You have got to stop this! I feel bad every time you give me something for free!"

"You bought our records using half of your paycheck! I want to be with you on our anniversary so shhh!" she grinned at me as she turned a street corner.

"I'm just teasing. You're so generous, honey. I really appreciate it." I bring her hand up to my lips, attempting to show my gratitude through a small kiss.

"Of course, we are staying in a nice hotel that night so you don't have to try and squeeze into a tiny ass bunk with me."

"It wouldn't really matter, we already cling to each other when we sleep," my comment made Julien giggle. It was completely true, I've always been very physically touch-driven and Julien has completely been okay with it. She's never gotten upset or annoyed and has always given me the affection that I craved.

"I wouldn't have it any other way. I've found that I sleep better cuddling with you than I do when I'm by myself. I think it's also just knowing that we're both safe and with each other that makes it better," my girlfriend's grip on my hand got a little tighter as she spoke. Her words made my face flush, I moved as close to the left side of the car seat as it'll let me and leaned my head onto her arm.

"I am so in love with you."

"I'm in love with you too, forever and ever," she said as she turned down the street my brother and his family live on. My mind begins to swirl with thoughts. I think I want to marry her, and soon.

---------------------------

a/n: I'm bored and have HELLA writer's block, have an extra chapter!!

In the next few chapters, you get Julien with a small child which is so cute.

-A