chapter eleven

Two weeks had gone by and everything in Magnolia's life looked different. Tonight, she had the family dinner that she had been dreading for the past two weeks. So she spent her day off of work freaking out.

"I know she's gonna start something, it's how she is!" Maggie was currently laying on the couch talking to her brother on the phone, fully ready to go for the day.

"If she starts something, I'll stop it. How have you and Julien been?" He asked, his sister could hear the smile on his face.

"We're good, we've talked every day since our date. I really like her, I just wish she lived closer," she had been longing to see Julien since she'd walked into those elevator doors.

"I looked up how far away North Carolina is from Tennessee and depending on where she lives, you guys could be at least seven hours away from each other," he pointed out, trying to ease her mind.

"I know, but my God, she's something else," Maggie was completely head over heels for the Baker girl.

"You are down bad, you weren't this down bad for Brady," Josiah laughed, he walked outside of his friend's place and started to get ready to take a ride on his Motorcycle.

"Yeah well, he was also seven years older than me and a horrible fucking person. Julien's a good person, she's so considerate. I could listen to her talk about anything for hours, she has a way of speaking that's so intelligent and articulate and-" Magnolia gushed about Julien before her brother cut her off.

"Magnolia. I've watched interviews with her in it, I know how she talks," he chuckles, grabbing his helmet off of the little patio table.

"You watched interviews of the girl I'm going out with?" she shrieked, sitting up.

"Yes, and? I'm never gonna let you date someone shitty again so I did my research! You've probably watched stuff with her in it too!" Josiah became very protective of his sister after her relationship with Brady. He never wanted her to have to go through something like that again.

"You might be right, whatever," she rolled her eyes. "What time are you getting to the house tonight?"

"I'm leaving right now to go pick up flowers as a peace offering and pray that maybe a witch puts some spell on it so we can get through this hell dinner, then I should be there at five," the eldest boy informed his sister, getting on his bike.

"Alright, I'll get there around the same time. I love you, please be safe," she smiled, standing up to grab a water bottle.

"I always am, I love you too, see you soon," they exchanged goodbyes, then hung up.

Magnolia's phone started dinging like crazy as she finished filling up her bottle; she had been added to a group chat, appropriately named "Hell Town."

Hell Town:
maggie • tinza • chlo • phebs • luce • jb

phebs:
WELCOME TO HELL TOWN, GAYS!

tinza:
AH HELL YES
WHY DIDN'T WE MAKE
THIS WEEKS AGO?

luce:
WHO CARES! WE HAVE IT NOW!

maggie:
WHY ARE WE YELLING?

jb:
Oh my God, hi?

chlo:
Hello everyone <3

maggie:
Tina and Chloé,
are you watching
Heartstopper again?

tinza:
Whatttt nooo (I'm lying)

chlo:
Don't call us out like that,
junior miss dance of
North Carolina