chapter seventy-six

Maggie's Pov,
---------------------------

"AHHHHH!" I screamed the perfect horror movie scream, jumping back onto the bed with fear. "JULIEN HELP!"

"What? What's wrong?" she came running into the room, panic painted on her face. She'd just let Beans outside to use the bathroom before we settled down for bed.

"There's a fucking spider! Fucking kill it!" I pointed to the bug, shaking in fear. It scared me when I was gonna get undressed, it was sitting on the wall.

"I'm not gonna kill it! I'll save it!" She slowly walked up to the disgusting creature. "It's just a daddy long legs!" She smiled as she allowed it to crawl onto her hand.

I sit on our bed, in complete fear as she runs the arachnid outside. How does she just do that? God, I'm marrying a bug guy!

"Alright, I took care of it!" Julien came back into the room, shutting the door. "The spider is gone, Beans is back inside and it's bedtime."

"Absolutely not, go wash your hands!" I pointed to the door, I wasn't letting her touch me without her cleaning her hands.

"Are you serious? Okay, give me a minute," she swung the door open and walked to our bathroom. I listened closely for the tap to run, and once I heard it, I relaxed.

"Spider germs are gone, my love," she came back into the room, with her hands up. I cracked a small smile.

"It's bedtime, we have busy days ahead of us," Julien kissed the top of my head, before backing up slightly.

I climbed towards the end of the bed and slipped off my pants, "ugh, I have stretch marks on my thighs." I gently pull my left thigh to inspect the marks.

"Maggie, they are so faint. Get those thoughts out of your head, you're gonna fit perfectly in your dress," she already knew what was happening in my mind. How did she always know?

"Of course, you already know what I'm thinking! You know me too well," I rolled my eyes, tugging my shirt off.

"Good, so I can shut it down before it starts!" Julien sat next to me after bringing our clothes to the laundry basket. "Your wedding dress is gonna fit."

"I believe you, I really do. Sorry that I still have those thoughts sometimes," I sigh, running my hands through my hair.

"I'm glad you believe me and you don't have to say sorry," she runs her hands over my body, which she's still teaching me how to love. "You are allowed to express your feelings about your body."

"That's true, I just want everything to be perfect for our wedding," I watch her hands snake to my hips.

"It will be, because it's our wedding. If you and I are doing anything, it'll be perfect," we moved over, cuddling very close under the covers.

Beans ran into the room, curling up at the end of the bed. "You're my lover, sunshine. I love you so much," I leaned over and pressed a gentle kiss on her pouty lips.

"I love you too, honey, forever and ever," Julien smiled that beautiful smile I fell in love with when we first crossed paths at the record shop. She's lightened up my life every day I've had the privilege to be hers, she really can't help but become the sun.

-THE END-
Epilogue 1 coming 2/14/24