chapter fourteen

"We are taking a road trip to Nashville!" Magnolia announced as she walked through the front door of the small apartment.

"How was your dinner?" Tina asked, before processing the information. "What? Absolutely not, that place scares me. What's in Tennessee, again?" Tina grumbled. She sat up, her legs still thrown over her girlfriend's lap.

"We're not gonna talk about the dinner and Julien's in Tennessee, why else would I wanna go there?" Magnolia threw her keys on the coffee table and flopped down onto a chair.

"Why can't you just go see your girlfriend by yourself? Why do we have to come?" Tina continued to argue.

"Still not my girlfriend. Phoebe is opening for Taylor Swift, she's gonna bring Jul and Lucy on for a few songs and they got us VIP tickets. Now do you wanna go to Tennessee?" Magnolia finally broke the big news.

"Shut the fuck up, she did not," Chloé rolled her eyes not believing what her roommate said.

"Josiah is staying with Midnight, we leave at eight a.m. I'm dead serious, why would I joke about this? I have the VIP tickets right here," she showed off the tickets that Julien sent her.

It finally clicked in the couple's head, they jumped up off of the couch and threw on their shoes.

"Where the hell are you going?" Magnolia laughed, leaning back in the chair.

"Goodwill's still open, we need something to wear!" Tina ran across the apartment to grab her keys and purse.

"What's your favorite Taylor era?" Chloé asked as she unlocked the door.

"Come on, Chlo. You know its Reputation," Magnolia grabbed the TV remote from the coffee table and attempted to find a show to watch.

"Let's go, lover," Tina grabbed her girlfriend's hand as they ran out the door.

The girl with the colored hair had already gone to bed when Tina and Chloé arrived with three outfits for the show. The apartment was quiet until seven a.m. when Magnolia's alarm went off.

She packed a bag of extra clothes and makeup before looking at what her friends got at Goodwill.

"We hit the jackpot, dude! Look what we got you!" Tina handed her a green, velvet jumpsuit and a sparkly black jacket to wear over top of it. They were washed and freshly dried for the event.

"Holy shit this is perfect, I have a whole bag of makeup that I'm gonna bring too. We leave directly at eight a.m. I'm going to bring a straightener and a curling iron, please be ready!" Magnolia took the clothes from Tina, then quickly placed them into the bag she was bringing.

Grabbing gray sweatpants and an old Paramore shirt along with clean undergarments and a hairbrush, Magnolia went to the bathroom and took a thirty-minute shower.

Quickly drying off, scrunching leave-in conditioner into her curly hair and she was almost ready to go. She grabbed her bag, and slipped on her ring and necklace, before turning off the light and exiting her room.

"LESBIANS WE LEAVE IN FIVE!" she shouted at her friends, putting her untied Doc Martens on. She never bothered to tie up the yellow laces.

"We're ready, let's go!" Chloé was carrying both her girlfriend's and her own bags for the trip.

The three roommates quickly loaded everything into the car and they were on the road by exactly eight a.m. blasting 'How Do You?' by Radiohead.

---------------------------

a/n: I have Act Two and Act Three fully and thoroughly planned out, now I just have to really start writing more of it! The first few chapters of Act Two are ready for the editing process!

-A