chapter twenty-one

"I bought these for us," Magnolia grinned as she slipped a Rose Quartz bracelet onto her girlfriend's wrist.

"You got us matching bracelets?" Julien cooed, admiring the simple but beautiful pieces of jewelry. "Oh my gosh, they're so cute! Thank you!"

Before Magnolia got to respond, she was interrupted by a voice, someone she'd never wanted to see again.

At that exact moment, Magnolia prayed that Tina and Chloé would get out of the bathroom. Why the hell was he there?

"Magnolia? Is that you? I almost didn't recognize you," a venomous voice pierced through the group.

"Hello, Brady," Magnolia sighed, turning to see her ex-boyfriend. Brady still looked the same as the day she left him, except this time he has a blonde girl attached to his arm.

Each member of Boygenius became immediately protective after Brady's name fell from her lips. Julien especially looked like she wanted to kill him right on the spot. "What are you doing in Tennessee?" Magnolia reluctantly asked.

"My girl loves Taylor Swift so I got her tickets. We were in the seats right before the floor, why are you here?" He asked, pulling his girlfriend who looked younger than Maggie closer to him.

"Oh, actually the same reason! My girlfriend helped her friend open for Taylor Swift," they watched as their faces dropped. "Yeah, we were in the VIP tent."

"You have a girlfriend? That's disgusting," Brady's new bitch scoffed.

"Yeah she does, and how old are you, Barbie?" Tina spat after she and Chloé re-joined the group.

"Don't answer that," Brady commanded his girlfriend through clenched teeth. "So one of those girls that opened is your girlfriend?"

"One of those girls? I'm right here!" Julien grabbed Maggie's hand.

"I didn't think you were actually ever going to date a girl, I just thought females said shit like that to get attention," the ginger grumbled as he looked his ex-girlfriend up and down. "It's obvious that life isn't treating you very well."

"Will you shut the hell up?" Phoebe stepped in, placing her phone into her pocket. "Just because your lives are so miserable, doesn't mean that you have to take it out on our friend. I don't appreciate the blatant homophobia either."

"I feel like everyone is gay these days, it's just more room in heaven for the good people," the ditzy blonde flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Oh don't even get those two started on that because, by the end of this, you guys will be questioning everything you know," Lucy warned them, after motioning to Magnolia and Julien.

"You were better looking when we were together, maybe it's me. You see how good Sarah looks," Brady and Sarah snickered to each other.

"You got me addicted to hard drugs and alcohol, and you're seven years older than me!" Maggie exclaimed, growing more and more frustrated as the unwanted conversation continued.

"Go into that store, Sarah. I'll meet you there," Brady pointed to one of the clothing stores, pushing her along. After Sarah had left, Brady said, "I loved you, Magnolia."

"Well, the bruises you left took months to fade, you don't lay your hands on someone you love," thunder erupted through the sky as Magnolia pulled Julien away from the group, their friends following close behind.

"You'll never do better than me!" Brady yelled from across the mall.

"I already have, you sloppy bitch!" Rain started falling onto the group as they climbed into their cars. Chloé was following Julien back to her house, both cars sat in complete silence for the duration of the ride.

---------------------------

a/n: I hated writing Brady and Sarah omg I wanted to throw up every single time I wrote a line for the two of them.

-A