Chapter 1

"JOSH!" I yelled at my older brother, his name is frankly, taking longer than me in our newly painted pink bathroom. "Come on Josh! We're going to be late and Ms. Frank is going to yell at us again!" I barge into the bathroom to see my idiotic brother sitting on the counter, flexing his nonexistent muscles.

"GET OUT WINTER!" He yells.

"THEN HURRY UP!"

When he doesn't respond, I go downstairs and take out my phone and I decide to start playing Boom Beach while I waited for him to get out.

While I waited another five minutes, my brother is in front of me, in a sports jersey with the number 7 on the front and on the back. He's wearing blue jeans and Jordans. (typical boy I think to myself) We're ready to go, he get his keys and we head to school.

"Today's a day 1, so that means that I have the ROTC program! I'm so excited!" I practically squeal.

I've been in the ROTC program for 4 years. What the ROTC stands for is, 'Reserve Officer's Training Corps.' It gives you the best invaluable opportunities to learn more about leadership and prepare for a job for the U.S military while getting a high school diploma or a college degree.

"Winter, You've been taking it since the 9th grade... I know that you have the ROTC program. Why are you so excited?"

"Um, because I'm GRADUATING!!!!! Man, I'm hyped."

Josh doesn't say anything back but I see him roll his eyes as we pull into Magnum High.

On the sidewalk, there is no one besides my popular and I think sexy boyfriend on his new Galaxy phone, looking at it with a smile on his face. I check my phone and, it's weird that I haven't received a text from him. I wonder what he's doing, he's probably just watching a video.

I jump out of the jeep, my brother got for his 18th birthday. Which I think it totally unfair, and I jump onto Bradley's back.

Bradley is a quarterback for Magnum High and he already has many scholarships lined up for him. He won't use them because he wants to go into the Air Force, like me. He plays football, he has dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and amazing abs, he's the most popular guy in our school.

"Whoa! Oh um... Hey Winter" he states, my heart flutters when he says my name.

"Hey, babe! Are you ready to graduate from ROTC?!" Honestly, the ROTC program is the only thing keeping me in high school. I already finished my classes last summer, when I took the optional classes.

"Oh yeah.. about that, I can't make it. Skylar needs me for rehearsal for the musical. I already talked to Mr. Hemmings and he said it was fine though so it's all good."

I think my heart burst from what he just said. "Are you serious? You're missing graduation for your SISTER?! I thought you hated her." Ever since Bradley and I started dating, he hasn't said one nice thing about his sister. This doesn't make any sense!

"Yeah, but hey, I'll see you at lunch. I got somewhere to be, bye Winter." He kisses my cheek and runs off towards the football field.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter. I know it's pretty boring but it will get better along the way! :) (ps. To be a doctor in the Air Force, you have to go to 4 years of college before going into the Air Force.)