Chapter 28

"The prince left a while ago. I don't know why but he looked as if something was bothering him so we let him leave freely. We trust that he'll make good decisions." The king informed me.

I feel like everything is so repetitive. People get along, the prince gets upset, everything falls apart. I don't get it.

I go up to my room and dial Josh's number.

"Hey sis" he answered smoothly "what's up"

"Hey joshy, I'm not doing anything. How's everything going?"

"Oh, everything's okay... We miss you. When are you coming up?"

I thought about it before but now it hit me...

"Now. I'm coming now. I'll be there in a few hours!"

"Woah, baby sis. Are you sure? It doesn't need to be this quick! Just calm down."

"No. It's my only option! I'll see you in a few hours! I love you!"

Click, the line goes dead.

------------------------------------

"Now boarding flight 396 from Stockholm Sweden to Sacramento California.

Now boarding flight 396 from Stockholm Sweden to Sacramento California." The lady on the intercom says.

I get my plane tickets and get in line. Since I was last minute, I have the back seats but I don't mind; I'm going home.

"Hello everyone, how is everyone's evening? We have a 16 hours flight so everybody just sits back and relaxes." The flight attendants voice boomed throughout the plane.

The plane had some magazines about the latest pop stars in America. All I saw were articles on 16 girls being pregnant and Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez getting back together; boring.

After 10 hours of sleep and 6 hours on my phone, we arrive in Cali. I step out of the planes and it already smells different. I can already feel myself becoming a different person. I once told the prince that I might come back, and I thought that once, but now I know, that I'll never go back to that place.

"Winter!!!"

"Josh!!"

I'm suddenly engulfed in a bear hug that smells nothing else of old spice, worn by my loving brother.

"I've missed you," We say in unison.

We talk for hours after that. Everything from how I learned about him to mama's death. We didn't hold anything back and didn't forget the truth once.

We laughed, we cried, we held each other. But when we got home, everything stopped. My dad was on the ground, with blood surrounding his head. His clothes drenched in a red liquid that was hard to believe came from my dad's body, but there it was. Splattered on the ground for the whole world to see, like art on display.

Josh was rigid and I was broken. Who would do this?

A note was left next to his head. It was written in blood.

"You were important to me

He was important to you

You left me

I made him leave you"

My blood was boiling. How could someone do this?! Who could have done this?!

The floor was suddenly a lot closer than it was a minute ago. It felt like my only friend, my only companion but then there were warm hands on my arms.

"Shhh it will be okay, it will be okay" Josh coos next to me.

I turn and fall into him. Family will always be there for you and right now, I needed him and he needed me; we needed each other.

I called the police as soon as I could stand. They came over and took my dad away in a black body bag.

That was the last time I ever saw my dad

--------------------//--------------------

Thank you for reading! The books coming to a close :(

vote,

comment,

tell your friends!

xxx