chapter 8

I start my day before anyone even wakes up. I rush down to the Sacramento Air Force base. Last night, I got a call from Carter that they want to see me again and decide what they want to do. I guess it's between me and one other person so I really need to bring my A game today, therefore, I got here extra early.

If I don't make it in, my life will be over. I don't know what I'll do with myself.

I go up to the front desk and there's a lady that looks like she could be in her mid 30's with a blonde bob haircut and a black dress. "Can I help you?" she asks with a sweet voice. "Oh yes. I'm looking for Car- Sgt. Smith, please."

She types something in her computer before looking back up and asking my name and reason for being here. I tell her both and she smiles warmly at me and tells me that he will be out soon.

I sit down in one of the chairs in the waiting room, realizing this place seems more of a doctor's office, I pick up a PEOPLE magazine and read it, or just look at the pictures until he calls me out.

I would say that I was waiting 3 minutes before my name was called, like I said earlier, it freakishly resembles a doctor's office. I followed a woman with the name tag 'Barbara' and follow her direction to go into the room and wait again. I pick up a FAMILY magazine this time and look at the picture until Sgt. Smith comes in 10 minutes later.

"Sorry for the wait, I'm just busy." He apologizes.

"Oh it's totally fine" I reassure him.

He looks up and smiles warmly at me then goes back to his papers. I catch him looking at me every couple of seconds as if to see if I'm going to run away or something.

He finally seems to get his papers in order and looks at me as if deep thought.

"Winter." he states.

I laugh awkwardly. "That's my name"

My heart is beating faster than it ever has and I swear I'm going to have a heart attack if he doesn't say something. I don't know if my heart is beating because this is my whole future before me or his blue eyes that bring me into a trance every time I look into them. Either way, I'm scared and nervous and I don't think my heart can handle this.

Just before I'm about to try to bring out the answer quicker, he finally starts speaking.

"Winter, you are so amazing and everything we need in the military" he drags on and I'm almost positive he's letting me go. "And that's why we chose you to serve in the US Air Force. Congratulations."

Wait.. What did he say? Did he just say I got in? I actually got in?!?! WHAT?!?!

He starts talking about schedules but I cut him off "Wait... So... I got in?" He laughs full heartedly "Exactly. You got in!"

I didn't even know what to say... I should be happy... I should be feeling SOMETHING... But I just feel numb, but just as fast as the feeling came; it vanished. I realized what he had said and I made it in... My dream for the past 8 years has come true. It's kind of like a fairy tail. I will do everything In my power to stay here and be the best doctor that has ever worked for the Air Force.

I'm so excited and shocked that I couldn't even listen to him after that. I blocked him out to plan out what I planned to do. Where I wanted to go and who I wanted to be and no one would ever change my mind... I hope.

So what do you guys think is going to happen?! Please comment and if you like this story, please vote and tell your friends. Thank you. xxx