Chapter 21

It was a nice, peaceful night that was, until my door gets blown open.

"I want to get to know you". The prince says. It doesn't sound like an idea as much as an order.

"And why would you want to do that?" I shoot back. This guys has to actually try if he wants to get to know me. Being a prince doesn't mean anything to me.

"Because you're going to be my wife. It's mandatory"  he replies in an automaton tone.

"Alright" I give in. I've known him for a while, therefore, I know he won't let this go. "What do you want to know?"

And that's how my afternoon went. Asking and answering question about our childhood, what our favorite colors and foods were and what we liked doing before fate pulled us into a life full of order and royalty.

"Why wouldn't you just tell your parents that you didn't want to be a prince? That you just wanted to be a normal guy" I ask. He told me that even when he was young, he hasn't wanted to be a prince or have this kind of life. If I was him, I would have told my parents no, but I know it's easier said than done.

"My whole life, I've never disappointed anyone because I always say yes. Although I seem like an ass, I'll do anything for anyone... And I just don't like letting anyone down."

I scoff but I know how he feels.

"I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow" he kisses my head and walks out the door.

------------------------------------------

Today, the prince and I are going shopping for wedding things. Things like flowers, center pieces, glasses, and ideas for venues. He wanted to buy it all online but after an hour of debating with him, reminding him how he was the one that wanted to "bond", he agreed.

We got the vail and my shoes from David's Bridal, the center pieces and table cloths from Michaels Crafts, and now we're in Nordstrom, looking for random little details.

"Hey!!! Look over here!!" I found a golden clutch with rhinestones all over it. It's a TASHA brand with a golden chain with it. I know we're shopping for the wedding but I NEED this!!! "Please please please can I have it?!"

"Why would you want this? It doesn't even go with your dress..." Boys... They just don't get it.

"I just need it. K? Can I get it?!" He sighs but agrees. We go to the counter and buy the very expensive purse.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I tell him all giddy.

"Ha ha, you're welcome" he answers. I look up at him and humor runs in his eyes. It creates a weird feeling in the pit in my stomach and a feeling that I can't put my finger on.

I try to get rid of the feeling so I turn my attention elsewhere. My tummy rumbles. "I'm hungry Prince, can we eat?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty starved also. I know a small coffee shop just a little ways up"

We're silent for a while, only listening to our harmonic steps taking place on the side walk. "Winter..." He says, breaking the silence.

"Yes Prince?" I say, innocently.

"Call me Phillip."

---------------//-----------------

Thanks for reading. I tried to make this the best I could but if u can help or have ideas, just comment or DM me 😊