Chapter 18

After I figured out that the prince was truly ridiculous, I left the castle and started walking around.

After I left, I looked back and saw what I was staying in. It was magnificent! Made all brick and a million windows, it truly showed that it was a castle. There were green bushes that were squared off to the centimeter and grass that was perfectly cut. It smelt of grass and all kinds of flowers. It was truly a dream to live here and I was taking it for granted.

I walk around a little bit once I got out of the driveway of the castle. I stopped by little coffee shops and food vendors. After buying some spices that I was sure going to come in handy someday, I headed back.

When I was coming back, I saw something that I didn't see when I was leaving. It was a sign that said 'NYCKELN TILL FÖRÄNDRING, ÄR ATT SLÄPPA RÄDSLAN' I was so confused. What could this possibly mean? Then some clicked in my small brain, use google translate!! I put in the words that the sign stated and google gave me the answer. Apparently, it meant 'THE KEY TO CHANGE, IS TO LET GO OF FEAR'. I suppose it explains my situation... I was scared for the change but I'm here, in front of a beautiful castle. I guess it's changing for the better.

I walked inside to be greeted by the smell of baby back ribs, yum! I immediately went to the kitchen and saw everyone already sitting down... Let's talk about awkward...

"Ah Ms. Winters, please take a seat." One of the servants called to me. I did just that and cut into the ribs.

"So, Winter, that's your name, right?" An angel's voice asks me. I look around and connect eyes with very stern eyes. She had short, brown hair with a small crown set atop on her head. She had very small lips and not many wrinkles. I don't know how old she is but I bet she looks good for her age.

I coughed "Yes, queen, that is my name". How the hell do I respond to her?! "That's my name, don't waste it" I sarcastically say in my head. "Oh," she laughs softly. "Call me Silvia." "Deal" I respond.

After we got done with greetings, I raced to my room and belly flopped on my bed. I missed my own mom.

I flung out my phone and hit #2 for the speed dial. It rings twice when my dad picks up "hello darling" he answers. "Hi, daddy! How is everything?"

"Oh ya know, it's going" he sighs. "Your mom's still not out of the hospital."

"Are you kidding?! She was supposed to be out a week ago!"

"I know honey. But she's gotten sick. But I bet she'll be fine!! How's Sweden?!" He answers in his own happy way. "I'm alright daddy. I miss everyone so much" I hear my name being called on the intercom throughout the house, ordering me to the kitchen. "I have to go tho, duty calls. Can you please tell Josh that I miss him dearly?" My dad chuckles and agrees. We hang up after we say our goodbyes and I make my way to the only place I know in this house, besides my room, the kitchen.

"yes, your majesty" I make sure the sarcasm is dripping off my tongue. "What do your needs require"

"Quit the sarcasm. I wanted to talk about our wedding together". And this was the part where I almost fainted, screams and wet my pants all at the same time but I faked it enough to keep my legs straight and to keep a straight face. It was the hardest thing I've done in my life.

"All due respect, my prince, but this is not "our" wedding. It's yours."

"Yes, yes. Whatever. Same difference." Wow, how generous.

"So, what would you like for your wedding?" I asked.

"Everything."