Chapter 25

"Hey Winter baby, wake up" I peel my eyes open and see Phillips face over mine wearing a grin the size of his face. I sit up slowly and wonder what the hell is going on. He's holding a tray of food. I see scrambled eggs with ketchup, yum. I see crispy bacon and sausage, an onion bagel with cream cheese and a cup of orange juice. I look up at him and see he's still smiling. "I thought you'd be hungry"

This is a little awkward. I still have morning breath and I'm sure my hair looks like a rat's nest but even so, I take the food. I bite into the bacon and moan with delight. It's soo good. Even though I know he didn't make me the breakfast, I thank him because it was probably his idea, and to me, that's super sweet.

"Wanna go shopping today?" He asks quickly.

"Sure but didn't we just go shopping? I mean, I thought we had everything for the wedding"

"Well Winter, I do." He sits down on the corner of my bed while I still eat my breakfast. "But I like being with you and it's the only way I can think of spending time with you." He says it quieter and I can hear a hint of shyness in it. For a prince who runs an army, I would never think I would hear this side of him. I like it.

I giggle. "We don't have to go shopping to spend time together. Let's go to an amusement part" I offer.

"I'm scared of heights." He fires back "We can go to a restaurant?"

"Not all day. How about some movies? Like at the movie theater." I say back.

"But it's a nice day. Why spend it outside?" We sigh together.

After talking back and forth offering ideas. We ended up just going outside to walk around and see what we end up doing.

We walk for hours just talking and looking around. Even though he's probably seen everything around here, he still acts surprised when I spot something that I've never seen before.

It was such a good day. We made jokes, laughed and even held hands for half the day. It felt nice... Almost normal. I suppose this is the new "normal" for me, though.

We were talking about Phillips trips inside of Taco Bell. Talking about Barcelona and Paris when my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see that my brothers calling me.

"Hey Joshy" I answer.

"Winter..." He cries. Woah, is my brother crying?!

"What's wrong Josh?!?!" I ask. My heart beat going up. "TELL ME" I raised my voice over the phone. Out of my peripheral vision, I see Phillip indicating that he's going to go somewhere else. I nod, telling him it's okay.

"Winter, Mom hasn't gotten out of the hospital. Ever since you left, She's been unconscious or not eating. She would drink but not enough to keep her alive." I can't think. I can't move.

"What are you saying, Josh?..." Hoping he'll tell me it's a sick joke or she might have a possibility of coming out alive, but life doesn't work that way.

"Winter... She's dead... Mom died." He clarified my nightmare. And that's when it hit me like a ton of bricks. My mother... My mother is dead. The mother who taught me how to ride my bike, eat my food and how to be a young lady. She was my mother. The lady who gave birth to me... And now she's gone. Images of her go through my mind. Us at the mall, us having dinner together, me sleeping in her room when I was scared. To think.... No more Christmases with her, no more Thanksgivings or midnight conversation because she's gone. And this is when I broke down.

"Winter... Winter... Please come home. Dad really needs us; both of us. I know the prince will be upset but.... if he really loves you then he'll understand." I'm shocked into silence... I didn't even think of my dad. A look of determination crosses my face. As I furrow my brow, I know that I'm going home. Whether the prince likes it or not; I don't care.

"I'm coming home, Josh. Don't worry."

"Okay... I love you Winter" He answers.

"Love you too"

Click. The line goes dead.

"Phillip!" I cry.

"Yes, my love? What is it?" He says, wiping tears from my eyes.

"I wanna go home"Thanks for reading!

vote,

comment,

tell your friends.

xxx