Chapter 11

The hot water of the shower on my upper back took away all the bad thoughts in my head like what if I screw it up or what if I end up hurting more people than helping.

--------------------------------------------------couple hours later-----------------------------------------------

The family is sitting down in the family room when the constant rings of a phone fill the room.

My mom picks it up but none of us pay attention.

I haven't told my family about the offer and the king I could once be accompanied by. I have to think it through before I even talk to them about it. Even though they will probably have better answers than what's in my head, I just need to sleep on it first.

My mom holds the phone away from her ear. We all look at her since she hasn't said anything. When I turned my head, I see her eyes dilated a few centimeters, looking directly at me.

"You... You" she stammers locking eye contact with me. She drops the phone and burst into tears shouting "why us god? why us?" I'm almost positive I know what she's talking about it but just to make sure, I picked up the phone she dropped while my father and brother try to calm her down and ask her what's wrong.

"Umm... Hello?" I say, not to sure on how to start this conversation with a person that I, pretty sure, have never met.

"You even sound beautiful" a male voice rang through the phone. His voice even sounded stalkerish. I wasn't sure who he was or what he wanted but I was pretty damn sure that what I was going to hear next, wasn't going to be good.

"Listen I don't know who you are, but I have not made any commitments so leave us alone, please," I said it with confidence even though I had none.

There wasn't an answer for a while and I was about to hang up with he speaks with exact pronunciation "You have a lot of nerve to talk to me like that. But I need a lady that knows how to handle herself so I bet you will suffice." My face fell flat as he said this. Did he just said I will only suffice?! Is he crazy? I'm better than 'sufficing'. "It's true what they say" he continues "If you come here to meet me, you will be saving everyone" I didn't even know what he meant as 'here' but I bet I wouldn't like it. "So I recommend putting aside your wants and saving everyone else."

Click.. Did he just hang up on me?!

Well, what the hell was I going to do now?!

I sign and go over to my mom.

"Mom... Are you okay?... What did they say to you" I asked gently. She's been hysterical ever since she dropped the phone to the floor. She doesn't answer right away so I rub her back in circles. After a little bit, she seems to calm down just a fraction but musters up the will to answer back.

"They said that if you didn't do what they said, they would kill all of us. You, me, daddy, Josh, Auntie, Uncle, cousins, everyone!!!" She starts to cry harder but she's still able to respond "Honey, I don't know how you got yourself into this mess and what they've asked you to do but... Please think about all of us. I love you but you need to push aside your wants and think about us." She states it as an order, not a conversation.

My stomach has itself tied in knots but now I know what I need to do.

I drag myself upstairs after telling my mom that everything will be okay. I lazily throw off my clothes into a pile on the floor and flop onto the bed wearing nothing but my see-through undies and my blue sports bra.

I start dreaming of what will happen and none of them turn out well

The Dream

I woke up in the early morning, ready to get my day going. I drive myself to the barracks with Josh's car, wow I really need my own car.

When I get there, everything is calm like nothing happened the day before. I look around to find any evidence of a mess and there is none.

"OH I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!" someone shrieks in my ear. "Have you came up with a decision yet?" I seem to think it over and sign "I've decided that I will go with him and do as he pleases" A mischief grin crosses her face. She grabs a hold of my wrists and drags to what looks like a door that goes outside. "Here you are" then she laughs evilly and throws me in.

The scenery looks like a very large plane with a lot of seating. I take my seat while the plane starts. It starts flying faster than any other vehicle... That was the last time I ever saw the United States. I woke up after that

Well... That was a shitty dream, I thought. I couldn't go to sleep after that so I decided to do some research on this "prince" I was supposed to be with.