Chapter 9

I ran home and told everyone exactly what happened and they were as shocked as I was that it happened this fast, but no one was complaining. Of course, Josh was his grumpy self. I don't think he can ever be happy for anyone besides himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I went into the barracks to find everything is chaos. Papers were everything, people were running around, looking as if they haven't slept for days and everyone was looking around as if searching for something very important but couldn't find it.

I find a woman around 5'1" that looks pretty nice. She had has perfectly straight, strawberry blonde hair that goes down to her waist, eyes that are big as melons and a waist that could fit into kids clothing.

I tapped her on the shoulder to see if she would tell me what was going on but as soon as she turned around she smacked my hand away. She continued the search for whatever seemed lost but soon enough, the small woman whipped her head back around in my direction and she gasped. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow but that was gone as soon as she started to whistle. Now it was my time to gasp.

"EVERYONE" her voice boomed throughout the room and everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at her. Wow, I didn't think such a voice could come out of such a small body. "SHE HAS ARRIVED."

I hear cheers and shouts and look around curiously and wonder what in the world was happening. I see some people high fiving and others chest bumping as if they're at a football game. Then I catch the people who look as if they would rather be buried 6 feet under than be in this office. I don't blame them much, this office does seem a little suffocating.

I asked her what was happening and she turns white as a ghost. "Sgt. Smith didn't tell you?"

She asks. "Tell me what? He only told me that I got into the Air Force." Her face scrunches up into an unattractive look and pulls me away from the chaos going on once again.

"It is true that you made it into the Air Force, but not to be a doctor as I was told you were trying to be"

"I do not understand" I retort.

"There's a king in Great Britain. He rules over all of us. He's the leader of the military and he told us a few weeks ago that if couldn't find him a wife soon, he would fire all of us and let the world be in an endless war without American help."

"I still don't understand why I'm here, though"

She sighs "He wants you. We hired you so that you could marry him and help save the armed forces."

So obviously everything is this book will NEVER happen. All of it is fantasy. But thanks for reading!!!!