Chapter 15

"I'll get all the paperwork ready while the ladies over there fix you up" he points to some women who are wearing way too much makeup. "Umm... Can I call my family first" he looks at me like he was shocked I would even ask. "Of course you can. Take as long as you need"

I get out my phone and dial the home phone. It rings 3 times before going to voicemail. I then call my moms and dads number separately and each time, it went to voice mail. I finally call my brother and on the second ring, my brother's voice rings through the phone.

"Hey, josh!"

"Oh hey, Winter! Where are you?"

"I'm... I'm at the base" I answer uneasily

"Winter!!! Come home... It's mom and dad.."

"What happened?!?! Josh? No more playing around. Tell me what happened to mom and dad!"

"They were in a car crash"

Tears stung my eyes but I didn't shed a tear. I gulped "are they going to be alright?" After a pause "I don't know Winter" "is there a chance they could survive?!" "Yes," he answers quietly "then I'm leaving. I have to take the chance. I'm sorry. I love you, goodbye"

Click, I hung up.

"Are you ready sweetie?" A lady with purple hair and purple eyeshadow asked me. "Yes, yes I am" I didn't need to hesitate anymore.

Her in a lady that looked exactly liked her but with pink hair and pink eye shadow, pushed me into a chair.

They first started on my hair. They chopped it, dyed it some color and then styled it. I won't know what I look like until they're fully done.

An hour later, they're clipping my toenails and bathing me. They put special shampoo which smells like it costs big bucks. I could get used to this.

Next, they're changing me. They put me in lingerie, for reasons that are unclear to me. Next, they put me in navy blue, skinny jeans, a maroon, tight fitting shirt and dressed me up in some accessories.

Now, I can finally see myself. They pull out a 15' by 20' mirror and set it in front of me. I can't even explain how I look. I look plain but beautiful. My hair is brown but with blonde highlights. I look great!!! I turn around and give the girls a big hug. "Thank you guys!!! I look beautiful!"

Everyone said I looked beautiful and how they were going to miss me and Carter showed me to a plane

"I'm going to miss you, Carter," I said. I truly meant it. Even if we didn't talk a lot, I still felt like we were really close. Maybe if this whole thing didn't work with the prince, it could be him and me... Maybe.

"I'll miss you too Ms. Winters." Okay, maybe not.

I say goodbye to everyone and get on the private plane to Sweden. The plane attendant comes over asking if I want anything but I deny. I see a movie player and put in Harry Potter Sorcerers Stone and cuddle up with a blanket, getting ready for taking off.