CHAPTER 2| Found.

Sighing, I look through my piles of work for this contract I need to sign

Sighing, I look through my piles of work for this contract I need to sign. If we do ever find our sorellina, I know she'll be furious at me for even considering this but it's for all of us, including her. (little sister)

To be brutally honest, I think I've lost all hope that we'll ever find her. It's been 12 years, which means we're probably strangers to her. If it isn't obvious, I have no connections with anything religion related, but who's going to stop me from praying that my sister comes home safe and healthily? No one? That's what I thought.

Glancing to my left, I see my iPhone vibrating.

Not bothering to see who it is, I accept the call and put it to my ear.

"Hello, is this Giovanni Laurier?"

"Yes, who is this?" I ask.

"This is Emma Johnson calling from central London police station. I am Azalea's social worker and I believe she is your sister that went missing 12 years ago. Would you like to take custody of her?"

I freeze.

"You found her?"

"Y- you found her!?" Aidan whisper-shouts with his eyes wide.

I nod.

"Sir?"

"Oh, yes? What'd you say?"

"Would you like to take her in?"

"Of course, we'll be there tomorrow morning, we live in Italy so we'll need to catch a flight," I inform her, mainly so she doesn't think we have 'better' things to do. Not that I care, I just don't want them thinking I'll neglect her or something.

"Aidan, go get the others," I command, receiving a nod back.

Azalea, she's back.

She's coming back

My little angel is coming back, alive and breathing. After 12 years, she's coming back.

I'll protect her with my life, and I'll do my best to keep her away from the threats that we received when she was 3.

Everything humanely possible will be done to keep her protected. I won't let a drop of the real world touch her. I'll never let her know of our families affairs.

I just hope she'll manage to make herself at home easily.

But I know we'll do everything we can to allow her to adjust and get comfortable with us. We'll give her space and time with us, we'll let her realize our undenying love for her.

I'll make sure no one hurts her, and I won't loose her again.

And if not myself, then everyone else.

Because I'd gladly die protecting her.

________________________________________________________________________________