CHAPTER 9| Vincent.

It's been about a week since I've started here

It's been about a week since I've started here. A week since I found out I was kidnapped since I was 3.. a week since my father figure died.

They don't treat me bad, but I wouldn't know. Most of the time I'm watching on my brand new phone or reading interesting books I'd found in the library. They give me space and they don't bother me. It's nice to know they allow me to just stay scooped up in my room, If you couldn't notice, I'm not really a social person. 

About my.. poor eating habits. They don't question why I only take small bites or not eat at all, and for that I'm extremely glad for. From time to time, I see Elijah give me encouraging nods, but it doesn't really help. When you've been stripped from food basically every day of your life, it's hard to get back on track with eating properly, so I don't make efforts to try to fix it. I simply sit back and silently hope everything will go back to normal.

But it won't, and that's just reality. I'm tired of always fighting my own battles and other's. I'm tired of always fending for myself even when I don't need to. I've finally been given an opportunity to let my guard down, allow people in, so I'll accept it. I'll accept it until everything comes crashing back and yet again, I'll be the only soldier in the battlefield fighting. I want a break, I need a break.

I can never seem to catch one though.

I adore the room they'd given me. It's modern, dark, just to my liking. A gorgeous arched window projects beams of natural lighting into the dimly lit room. Vanilla scented candles are scattered around the space. In London, My room was small but dark, always. It brought a sense of warmth and safeness sitting in the dark where no one could see me, no one could hurt me.

I have an oak vanity, where loads of branded perfume and make up sits. My personal favorite being Dior and CHANEL, just so iconic. I have my own modern bathroom, a massive walk in closet, the size of my own bedroom. It's everything I'd ever dreamed of and more. 

I'm glad they didn't add stereotypical pink colors to please me or themselves. Don't get me wrong, pink is a gorgeous color and I absolutely do not have a problem with it, but darker toned colors are more a fit to my liking than vibrant colors.

I wish I had better ways the express my gratitude and thankfulness, but I can't. The thought of me being naive and too ongoing haunts me, it makes me think that really they're nothing like the front they put up. Instead, they're ruthless, taunting, abusive.. manipulative. They'd fix my heart and smash it all into pieces, even worse than how Stefano had left it. Or maybe, they wouldn't fix my heart at all. I'd be alone to pick up the pieces every careless person had left of my heart. It hurts.

If I could, I would turn back time and fight. Fight back for me, to save myself. Then, I'd runaway. My perfect paradise. But even now, I know that in reality I'd be willing to go over the trauma that'd slapped me in the face if it meant I would be in Mary's warm embrace. My mother's warm embrace.

During the long amounts of time I'd stayed captured by myself in here, they come in to engage in small talks with me. I never show interest. I don't want to get attached.. again. Even though I really don't show it and they may not think its a lot, but to me it does mean quite a bit that someone except for Vincent would want to talk to me. I'm normally by myself, that's why it didn't take much convincing for me to agree to be shipped off to Italy with a bunch of males that could be Pedophiles for all I know. But I'm done.

Wait a minute..

Vincent!

I completely forgot about him, about his existence.. after Stefano had well.. died.. everything kind of just- slipped out my mind! It was a spur-in-the-moment thing.. for the most part.

Oh fuck, I feel so selfish. I get up, pacing around in my room, thinking of an efficient way to contact him.

I'm sure I still have his number written somewhere in my journal, I'm just not so sure where.

Quickly, I grab my journal and flick through the pages, after a while I luckily manage to find it.

I grab my phone and type the number in, hesitating pressing the call button. I need to think of what to say- what his reaction will be..

Y'know what? Fuck it.

I press the damn button.

It rings for a small while, before he accepts.

"Who is this, and what do you want?" He grumbles, things shifting in the background.

I stay silent for a few seconds. "Uh- it's Azalea.."

"AZALEA, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I literally went to your house and saw the cops outside, surrounding the building. Someone said that someone had recently died and oh my gosh, I think I had a heart attack! You had me so damn worried and confused. But you are okay, right? Like, this isn't you're ghost coming to haun-"

"No, it is me, don't worry. I'm sorry, I forgot about everything.. back in London. I'll catch you up on everything, promise."

And so I explain everything to him, minus the.. little moments of my unneeded fear and Stefano's.. beatings.

"Damn, so you're like, richer than me now?" He jokes, knowing damn well how poor he is.

"Well.. I wouldn't say I am, just the people I live with."

"But in all seriousness, don't ever do that again. You actually had me terrified."

"Right, I don't think that'll ever happen again. You're a little irrelevant though, hence why I forgot about your ass."

"Mhm, you love me. Anyways, I'm quite busy. I'll call you back later, bye Az!"

I groan at the nickname.

He chuckles and ends the phone call.

I sigh and lie back onto my bed.

Vincent is the first guy I ever street-raced with, like ever. I don't consider him as a friend, more of a.. partner with the more - illegal things. But we don't kill people, he doesn't and I don't.

But still yet, he doesn't know about Stefano 'disciplining me', and I won't ever tell anyone that. That's a promise.

We don't keep in touch that much, but he's the only person I let my walls down a bit with, and I think it'll always stay like that.

I think I can trust him.

For some reason, my heart and mind for once team up and scream desperately to me how bad of an idea it is.

__________________________________

Sorry for the rather short chapter, it's just meant to be a filler so you know who Vincent is for Book 2 and former chapters, he's quite an important character.. ;)

Make sure to vote and comment! Please don't be a silent reader!

What do we think about Vincent?