CHAPTER 7| Not so useless?

I found out that it is in fact 3:56am with the alarm on my nightstand I didn't even know I had.

After a lot of debating, I decide I will go downstairs. When Elijah took me too my room after dinner, I made sure to count my lefts, rights and straights.

I quietly open the door and look both ways to make sure nobody's there.

No one is.

Alright, 4 rights, 3 lefts and a straight. This should be easy, right?

Where the fuck am I?

Right now, I'm standing in front of a door.

A tall door.

And I'm pretty scared to open it.

I took a watch I found on a table on the way here, and it's 4:23.

I close my eyes and cross my fingers before stepping forward.

I open them and stare down at the golden knob.

I grasp it, and am slightly surprised by how cold the gold is in my hand.

I twist it, quickly open the door, take a big step back and quietly yelp.

I gasp seeing it.

A piano?

I'm not in the position to judge right now but I would've never guessed that they had a piano hidden behind a dusty door.

It just stays there, in the center of the room.

Dust covers it, but it doesn't matter.

It's been such a long time since I've played.

Suddenly, anticipation fills me and I run to it in excitement.

I close my eyes and drift into the peaceful melody.

________________________________________________________________________________

I finish playing then jump at the sudden sound of clapping from behind me.

I turn around and see Aidan smiling down at me, clapping.

"You're really good, when did you learn to play?"

"I don't really remember, I think I learnt it when I was younger." I say, trying to recall when I learnt.

"Oh, maybe one of our brothers taught you before you.. anyway, I heard someone playing and saw it was you. Mum used to play." He explains, frowning at the mention of 'mum'.