CHAPTER 34| Leave it behind.

AZALEA'S POV:

AZALEA'S POV:

I FEEL at peace. I feel like I can for once accept who I am and what has happened to me.

Maybe everything doesn't have to be as bad as I seem to make it out to be. But I'm still not sure. It's only been 3 months since I've been here, living with my apparent biological family that have done everything to prove my fears wrong. And still yet, I feel it's way way way too early to be making such a rask decision as to if I should or should not trust them.

It feels like I can, it's just all the possibilities are overwhelming and it makes my distance towards them vary each time I talk to them. One minute I'm so happy, making efficient quality time with them, the next I'm in a hospital bed, telling them to leave me be when I know all they wanted to do was help me.

In all honesty, I feel so extremely lost. I don't know what to do, what I should be doing and if my life even has potential. It feels I lost it a long time ago. Then boom, a new opportunity is introduced to me, a life with a family that can help one another build trust together overtime, only awaiting my acceptance and approval yet I still hesitate.

Elliott left a while ago after he told me about some memories from when I was still with them. I still have no idea what happened to my dad and not much about my mother. I asked Giovanni once but it seems like a sensitive topic for them.

It's really dark right now. I'm not sure where my phone is and I'm only managing to stay warm with the embrace of the thin sheets wrapped around me.

I can walk to the lights with ease and switch them on, but I'd rather make the most of my alone time before it gets disrupted by one thing or another.

I look around the room and take in everything.

It's a small room with a floor that's fake marble cover. The walls are perfect white and not a single stain exists on it.

There are 2 windows, one on my left and one on my right. They're both the same size facing directly across each other. There are 2 grey loveseats on my left and a coffee table on my right. It's all very simple.

I close my eyes and lower my head slightly. I've been so caught up in my life that forgiving the Lauriers hasn't really crossed my mind. Selfish is what I feel right now. They've been so patient with me and I took that and used it to get myself muddled out of the mess I'd created for myself, effectively including them in my mess.

I take a deep breath, breathing in the chilly air. I was thinking of the things he had enlightened me about when he'd woke me up (I wasn't sleeping in the first place) and told me he was going to be leaving. I said okay.

I wish there was someone I could talk to about all of this.

My head lowers into the pillow as I hear someone's footsteps.

They wait for a few seconds, then open the door. I let a sharp breath escape.

"Azalea?" Someone calls out.