CHAPTER 22| Crackheads.

Elijah told us everything.

Like, everything.

About what Azzy had been through..

Nicholas started punching walls, then he angrily wondered off somewhere.

Talk about IED.

Then, Aidan, I think he had tears in his eyes. He was slouching whilst frowning, then after a while, he just left.

Elijah gave me a small smile before leaving too.

'Stefano' is really really fucked up. What is even wrong with him? How do you go about with your day knowing you're a fucked up piece of shit that abuses someone they kidnapped out of free will?

It just doesn't make sense.

Maybe there's something we're missing.

So, instead of bringing it up and making her feel even more shitty,
I've decided I'm going to cheer her up.

I take a deep breath.

Plastering a 'genuine looking' smile, I stand up, prancing towards her door. For now, I'll keep up the cheerful façade, then later on, I'll drown in guilt, anger and frustration.

I reach my destination and knock enthusiastically.

I hear some light footsteps, then the door opens and I'm met face-to-face with Azalea.

"Oh, hey," she waves, seemingly surprised to see me.

I hold back a frown at her appearance.

I mean- she has eyebags and puffy eyes, she's also pretty red which pretty easily suggests she'd been crying a lot.

She stares at me expectedly.

"Oh, right, wanna do something fun?" I quickly ask, looking around.

"Last time you asked me that we ended up in a police chase," she deadpans.

"Rightt.." I drag. "But, not that kind of fun, I mean like watching a movie or, I don't know, what do you find fun?"

"Uhm.."

Please don't be boring, please.

"Uhm.. baking- I guess?"

Perfect!

"Great! Let's go!" I beam at her before gently dragging her down to the kitchen.

"Wait- I don't even know how to coo-"