CHAPTER 17| Forgive & Forget.

That was

That was.. really dramatic, I should
never do that again.

And really, really embarrassing, I probably look like someone who can't defend themselves for shit, and I can't, but who needs to know that?

No one?

Right, No one.

I sigh, staring at the hovering clouds.

I don't even know why I walked away, I should've fought back.

Even though I'd probably end up with a broken bone.

I quickly sit up to the sound of approaching steps coming towards me.

They abruptly come to a halt, before slowly opening the door and peeking their head through the small gap they made between the frame and door.

I narrow my eyes at the figure, causing them to immediately retreat and open the door in a more.. normal.. manner.

They keep their head down, but almost instantly do I recognise their hair.

Selective photographic memory much.

"Uh- I-I'm so so sorry, Azalea, I- please don't get your brothers to kill me- you can slap me as hard as you want to, just please, know that I'm extremely sorry," she blurts out quickly, tears brimming her eyes.

I furrow my eyebrows at her shaky state.

"Why the sudden apology?" I ask.

"I-I'm just really sorry, and I-I shouldn't of done that." She sniffles, hiccuping now.

Once again, I narrow my eyes at her, and try to search for anything but that's hard when her head is about to be detached from her neck because of how down it is.

"Forgiven.. and forgotten," I sigh, slightly hesitant at the fast forgiveness.

"T-thank you so much!" She says, quick to go out the door.

"What the fuck.." I mumble, standing up from the concrete step.

I take a deep breath and go back inside this building, crossing my fingers that nothing bad will happen anymore.

I keep my head down as I quickly walk to my locker.

Now I realize how.. dramatic that was, everyone is giving me stares.

I wish I was deceased right now.

"Azzy, are you okay? Nich gave that bitch a real beating- I mean, will give her a real beating!" Elliott exclaims, fascination and worry glistening in his eyes.

And even though I try to look completely fine about what Elli just said, my facial expression totally lets me down.

"Why are you.." he snaps out of his daydreaming, gesturing towards my wide eyes and agape mouth.

"I- Nich is going to beat the blondie- she apologized!" I stutter, lost for words.

That does not suit me.

"Yes, I don't like her anyway, nothing to worry about, Azzy," Nicholas calmly explains from behind me, making me jump slightly.

Always so relaxed, wish that was relatable.

"Beating people up is bad in the first place.." I mutter, still not agreeing with the whole idea.

"And stealing your older brother's car is bad too, but here we are," He grumbles back, playfully narrowing his eyes at me.

I can't help but crack a small smile.

"It was worth it though," Elliott smiles.

"Definitely," I grin back.

"Anyways, where's Aidan?" I ask, having not seen him since I left.

"Right behind you," Aidan says, literally right behind me, smiling like a fucking creep.

"Why are you all here anyway? Don't we have class?"

"Mhm, but we're going home! The way Tiffany treated you was definitely not acceptable," Elliott says, impersonating Nicholas' formal speaking, making him receive a slap.

He frowns at him, to which Nich just brushes it off.

I smile at their small interaction.

Maybe we can make this work, all of us.

"That's.. not needed, but sure, not like I have a choice."

"Yeah, exactly!"

I roll my eyes as we exit the building.

I take a seat in the driver's seat, the same red matte Bugatti me and Elli came in.

"You know your way?" Elliott asks, confused.

"Not really, no, but this has directions, how do you think we got to school?" I scoff playfully.

"Oh, right.." he says in realization.

My breath hitches when I remember what was in the glove department.

A gun.. and a dagger.

I mean, we're in Italy, I guess alot of people have them to protect themselves, but why did Nicholas literally bring one to school?

Protecting yourself in school is pretty crazy, I mean, what is there to protect from?

A lot.

"AZALEA!" Elliot shouts, snapping me out of my trance, and making me flinch.

"You weren't replying, are you okay?" He asks, genuine concern drowning his usual excitement.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I say, giving him a strained smile.

"Okayyy.." he trails, looking at me as if he didn't believe a word I said.

I roll my eyes and speed out of the car park.
__________________________________

This time, we got home before Nich and Aidan, not-so-surprisingly.

Maybe my other skills can be compared, but never my street-racing skills.

That's not even on the grid, they're unbeatable.

I sigh, closing the door.

I immediately go into my bathroom and check my check.

A faint slap mark.

I blink tears away as I think of Stefano.

How the ending could've been.

__________________________________

This took.. so long.

I'm sorry, I kinda lost track of days then I was wondering what plot I should go for!

Anyways, make sure to comment and vote!