CHAPTER 42| Threats.

GIOVANNI'S POV:

GIOVANNI'S POV:

I'M TRIPPING. I must be, too little sleep or maybe I'm seeing things. And hearing things.

There is no absolute way in this entire world. I just saw my two siblings; specifically, the two I directly told not to come down under any circumstances unless an extreme emergency, stumble down from eavesdropping.

And the fact I have almost no way of checking how much they heard is.. real bad. I have a strong, strong feeling of indescribable annoyance towards them as of now, and I am having an extremely hard time keeping my temper.

My facial expression keeps the same casual, stone cold look, but inside, I'm boiling, bubbling, steaming with pure anger.

"Who were those?" My business partner, Andreas, asks, a small smirk on his face.

No one knows Azalea is back, and I plan on keeping it that way until we've buffed up our security and weapons. And also until we can ensure she's safe at all times. The protection she has now is good, but barely enough.

So, it leaves me to one option. Lying.

"My youngest brother and his friend from school. He's not in this meeting because he doesn't know about the.. family business yet." I respond, my tone blank and suppressing any emotion. I feel as if I'm about to shoot everyone in here in the head.

Lying to another Mafia leader is extremely risky, and getting caught lying is even worse. You need to become a professional in hiding your emotions because even the slight spark of guilt after lying can get a bullet through your head.

"She looked like your mother," he tilts his head accusingly, smirking. "But, it's not like she can control it anyway." He thankfully drops the case.

Fuck, he's probably caught on.

I nod anyway, avoiding suspicious as I clasp my palms together. I look back down at the small stacks of paper, analyzing them.

All written proof of the Russian and English mafias' plans to take the Greek and Italian mafia down.

Slowly, I inspect all the details, flipping through the pages.

"They say they're going to find the girl, your sister, and torture her," Andreas casually says just as I finish looking through the papers.

"He won't be able to do anything, as of now, we need to focus on them as a mafia, not their threats," Elijah assures.

"And why's that? Have you given up looking for Miss Laurier?"

"No, but we've got that sorted. How're the shipments to French Mafia?" Nicholas asks, changing the subject.

"It's going smoothly, they've received them, the guns," Andreas nods.

Russian and English Mafia must be ready for war. We had been civil, before they stole our drug shipments which escalated to guns, weapons and crates of money.