CHAPTER 44| Skipping.

Maybe some of you expected this, maybe some of you didn't

Maybe some of you expected this, maybe some of you didn't. But this is just a prewarning to give you time and allow you to compose yourself and mentally prepare for what's in this chapter..

AZALEA'S POV:

MY MIND couldn't take it. The pressure of the underlying fear that came along with knowing someone was out there, watching us while we sat at a fancy restaurant, mouths talking moods happy mind settled, completely unbothered.

So I blabbed on about it― accidentally spewing the information out of my mouth, the same mouth that can't seem to keep shut. But instead of Giovanni being worried like I had expected him to, he just nodded and returned back to typing away on his laptop, telling me not to worry because it was just our bodyguards.

Even though he reassured me, reassured me pretty firmly that there was nothing to worry about, I can't help but worry.

Giovanni said bodyguards, plural, and that was one lone person. Also, someone mentioned we've always had bodyguards following us, but I've never noticed them before, not once, but this person was clear. Clear if you were on alert or simply just looking around. I guess my brothers never had a reason to look around since they'd been there a lot.

I take a deep breath and momentarily clear my head.

This is school, not a detective's office. I need to focus.

Math class is boring and really easy. From excessive studying, actually listening in class and being attentive, I'm practically acing the class. With confidence, I can answer questions and explain how I got them, work out complicated calculations and expressions solely in my mind. Yes, it's not everything, but I'd like to think I have a lot of knowledge for a 15-year-old (year 11, grade 10, 2 liceo).

"Azalea," Matteo taps my shoulder. I raise my head.

"What?" I whisper back, missing the comfort of my arms around my head.

"Are you okay?" I'm never fully okay. Is he okay?

"Yes. Are you okay?" I tilt my head slightly.

He gives me a funny look. "I'm okay."

A small, suppressed smile makes it's way to my lips as I nod. "That's good." Silence then settles.

"Do you want to― skip?" He suddenly asks, breaking the silence between us.

My eyes slightly widen and the sudden proposal. I knew he'd want to get up to something, it's very.. unlike him to just ask if I'm okay out of the blue.

He's a very bad influence..

So I should be saying no.

With sagged shoulders and a nagging voice warningly screaming at me to say 'no', I confidently say, "Yeah, sure."

I'm so fucking indecisive―

"Great! After this class, right?" A large shit-eating grin is spread across his face now.