CHAPTER 21| Comfort.

I sigh, looking through contracts.

Over and over again.

None of these matter to me, in all honesty, I do not give a single flying fuck about all of these, it's not like anyone can overpower to strongest mafia in the entire underworld.

Aka my mafia, Italians.

The Mafia I started ruling at a very young age of 17.

Our father died at 45, he was in a car crash.

But obviously, in a mafia with a 45 year old Don that had been trained for basically his entire life, it's not really that easy to die from careless driving.

Someone was probably targeting him, or he didn't die.

I'm sure he did, my instincts are siding more towards the 'someone targeting him.'

Speaking based off how he and our mother treated us, I'm kind of glad he died.

Not kind of, really glad.

I wish I was to one to kill him, not some stupid 'car crash' or whatever they title it as.

He took a big chunk of our happiness away, as if it wasn't already affected by the sudden kidnapping of Azalea.

I know I'm acting like an ass towards her and it's probably not that clear, but it's not intentional.

It's just, the moment I started walking, I was being trained to aim guns and daggers cause I was 'the future of this mafia'.

And training meant ruthless beatings for me if I didn't keep a stupid cold facade all the damn time.

None of my brothers experienced this, I'd never let it happen either.

I just try to be there for all of them, though it's hard when you have a whole mafia at your hands.

One wrong move, that could possibly be the end of it.

Or the end of your life.

My eyes dart to a contract.

A single contract.

One that's about one specific person.

One that could potentially ruin their life.

I sigh, burying my head in my hands.

All of a sudden, the door flies open.

Impulsively, I tense and reach out for my gun.

Elijah takes a deep breath, sheepishly smiling at me.